The Oscars

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2019, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
I have found over the years that as people age they tend to disengage from the world of entertainment. Young people are more full of life, hope and promice; thereby, flock to Hollywood driven entertainment. Us old folks would rather have a quiet meal.
There have been some movies in the Villages that draw HUGE crowds and this may be the next one coming out in May of 2019--

POMS Trailer (2019) Diane Keaton, Pam Gier Movie - YouTube

Mamma Mia and its sequel got a lot of Villages as did The Boynton Beach Club .
Old 02-25-2019, 09:34 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
There have been some movies in the Villages that draw HUGE crowds and this may be the next one coming out in May of 2019--

POMS Trailer (2019) Diane Keaton, Pam Gier Movie - YouTube

Mamma Mia and its sequel got a lot of Villages as did The Boynton Beach Club .
My number 1 pick this year is Bohemian Rhapsody. This film hit all my emotions hard enough to raise the hair on my arms several times.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
My number 1 pick this year is Bohemian Rhapsody. This film hit all my emotions hard enough to raise the hair on my arms several times.
That won the most Oscars with 4 last night. '''Bohemian Rhapsody''' Leads Oscars By Winning Four Awards
Old 02-25-2019, 09:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
That won the most Oscars with 4 last night. '''Bohemian Rhapsody''' Leads Oscars By Winning Four Awards
Yeah! We watched it and totally agree with the choices.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:49 AM

Collection of morons making up awards to give to themselves....just my humble opinion
Old 02-25-2019, 10:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy (SSBN 633) View Post
Collection of morons making up awards to give to themselves....just my humble opinion
If I am a moron, I was in a big crowd.

Over 26 Million
Old 02-25-2019, 10:35 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

We enjoy watching the Oscars. Sometimes you hear and see “things” you don’t agree with but exposing yourself to the “arts”, different ideas and people from different lifestyles and backgrounds can give you a better understanding of the world we live in. Hopefully we can be smarter and wiser today than we were yesterday. My wife and I grew up in small midwestern towns and it wasn’t until later that we met people from different backgrounds, lifestyles and religions. It has been my experence that most people don’t want you to agree, rather, they want respect. “I don’t like that man, I must get to know him better.” Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-25-2019, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
We enjoy watching the Oscars. Sometimes you hear and see “things” you don’t agree with but exposing yourself to the “arts”, different ideas and people from different lifestyles and backgrounds can give you a better understanding of the world we live in. Hopefully we can be smarter and wiser today than we were yesterday. My wife and I grew up in small midwestern towns and it wasn’t until later that we met people from different backgrounds, lifestyles and religions. It has been my experence that most people don’t want you to agree, rather, they want respect. “I don’t like that man, I must get to know him better.” Abraham Lincoln
Beautiful post. Thank you!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Proud to know you both.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Well stated...thanks!

Analogous to one of my favorite sayings.

Quote:
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.

Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

― Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It
Old 02-25-2019, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have met some awful people but most of those were people I was representing who were in prison at Minnesota Correctional Facility-- Stillwater or running for political office or in political office.

Abraham Lincoln though looks like he was one hell of a good man.
Closed Thread

Tags
oscars, big, nostalgic, productions, fare

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.