Over the air television reception?

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Gold member
Default Over the air television reception?

Is anybody picking up digital stations with an indoor antenna?

We have Direct TV and would like to have a spare television in the kitchen, but not add another tuner to the bill.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 PM

nope...we get nothing in St James over the air
Old 01-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

I pick up a few channels out of Orlando in the morning but they're not very strong signals. It's okay for watching local news while reading the paper but not for much else.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Gold member
Default Wish

Is there not a HD powerful omni directional attenna we could buy?

For some of this may be all we need.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
I pick up a few channels out of Orlando in the morning but they're not very strong signals. It's okay for watching local news while reading the paper but not for much else.
All we need is the news in the kitchen at breakfast and dinner time. Maybe there's hope for our area. Right now, our indoor antenna and spare TV are at our other place, so we might as well bring it over on the next trip, to see what happens.

I was also looking for a wireless transmitter & receiver that could connect from the tuner in the living room to the TV in the kitchen.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Default TV Reception

An HD antenna works fine at my location (near Cain Garden). You can get one for about $80 - $100. I get all the major channels and some others thrown in. From my location NBC is sometimes a little iffy since there location is at the bottom of the tower which is located in Sanford, FL. Great picture. Better than cable.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:21 AM

jersey, is your antenna indoor? amplified?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyvillager View Post
An HD antenna works fine at my location (near Cain Garden). You can get one for about $80 - $100. I get all the major channels and some others thrown in. From my location NBC is sometimes a little iffy since there location is at the bottom of the tower which is located in Sanford, FL. Great picture. Better than cable.
Are you referring to a rooftop, attic, or indoor type of HD antenna? Do you know the brand and model? We're in Pennecamp, pretty close to Cain Garden.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Are you referring to a rooftop, attic, or indoor type of HD antenna? Do you know the brand and model? We're in Pennecamp, pretty close to Cain Garden.

Thanks
I don't live in TV but I use a Leaf antenna made by Mohu. They are very highly rated and you can get one for about 40 dollars online. I get almost 30 channels on it here near Raleigh NC

Mohu Leaf Indoor HDTV Antenna

On their website, they also have a link that lists what over the air HD channels you should be able to pick up based on your location.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.