Problems with your directv?

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 11:43 AM
Question Problems with your directv?

While watching live TV or on demand the screen switches to a screen that states: Directv Connecting and then it switches back to the live tv channel we're watching. This happens numerous times while watching the tv program. Due to the COVID problem Directv has closed several of their call centers. I did the troubleshooting online and it states: receiver outage, being worked on.
I tried calling today and was on hold for 2 hours with no response.
Are others having the same problem?
Old 03-24-2020, 11:55 AM

If you have the DirecTV Satellite dish, You need to do the basic first diagnostic steps which are: turn off and unplug everything associated with the TV and satellite connection. Twist & partly unscrew the cable connectors. Reconnect connectors. Turn all devices back on. There are satellite connectors outside the house that you can also check connection, but I don't recommend you touch them unless you know what you are doing.

Last edited by vb993; 03-24-2020 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Add additional info.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I've had no problem with my Directv and it's on right now, been with them since 2008 and have never had to have a tech come out. If you had gotten through, they will tell to reset the unit. On the right front of your unit is a small door, push the upper right corner and it will pop open. Push the red button behind the door. Make sure you're unit is not about to record something because you'll lose reception for about 5 minutes. If it's a small BR unit causing problems, the red button is on the right outside of the unit. The unit will run a satellite test and check the system, if the problems persists you'll need to get a tech.

This is a regular box, the DVR like I have is a little different, but the door is on the right and you'll see in the photo small word "push".

The Villages Florida

Last edited by John_W; 03-24-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:34 PM
Platinum member

We have not had a problem with our Direct TV. Previous posters have good recommendations.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:41 PM

I dumped direct tv and went to fire stick more channels and better quality picture. My total cost is $72.00 a mont 65 oft that is for century link. I’ll never go back
Closed Thread

Tags
directv, watching, switches, problem, states

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.