Russia RT TV

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2019, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
CNN is recognized all over the world as a reputable news forum; you cannot travel to anywhere in this world without seeing CNN in your hotel room, cruise ship, on your flights, in the airports. CNN may not be what you want to HEAR, but I hardly think they would have survived all these years if they were pushing fake news. My personal choice for world news would be the BBC, CNN may not be on a par with the BBC, but they are not far behind!
Summarizing.....to many, Fake news = uncomfortable truth
Old 12-10-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
Yes...All of the world watches fake news CNN....They laugh and see how divided we are. So now Russia sees how powerful and controlling it can be to spread lies and propaganda around the world and now they are infiltrating the world with their station, RT.
OMG what’s going on here? Fake News?
I watch all the different major networks I think CNN seems pretty reliable and the just celebrated their 40th anniversary. They must be doing a good job to stay on reporting the news.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We are so fortunate to live here in The Villages where most people have lived long enough to see through most scams and can filter out what is good and bad. People choose to live here because of our reputation of being wise and traditional and patient and smart.

We have a majority of like thinking folks here and they see through the words and find the meaning and know what to believe and what to discard.

It has been erroneously called "Fake News" by someone we all know who is not as articulate as others.

What it is, is OPINION instead of factual reporting that irritates most thinking people these days. And what is chosen to present in the news and what is left out.

The wonderful thing is that having lived a long time, most older people can sift through the missing or hyped information, and enjoy living in this country which is in an economic good place that gives jobs to those who seek them and puts us all in a better place. Words are words, but a paycheck puts food on the table of the hungry.

Articulate talk is often a way to get some folks to drop their drawers as we all know. Who knew such lack of something like smooth phrases could serve us well?

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-10-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This thread proves that people can enjoy hatred without mentioning politics directly at all.

We are so fortunate to live here in The Villages where most people have lived long enough to see through most scams and can filter out what is good and bad. People choose to live here because of our reputation of being wise and traditional and patient and smart.

We have a majority of like thinking folks here and they see through the words and find the meaning and know what to believe and what to discard.

It has been erroneously called "Fake News" by someone we all know who is not as articulate as others.

What it is, is OPINION instead of factual reporting that irritates most thinking people these days. And what is chosen to present in the news and what is left out.

The wonderful thing is that having lived a long time, most older people can sift through the missing or hyped information, and enjoy living in this country which is in an economic good place that gives jobs to those who seek them and puts us all in a better place. Words are words, but a paycheck puts food on the table of the hungry.

Articulate talk is often a way to get some folks to drop their drawers as we all know. Who knew such lack of something like smooth phrases could serve us well?
Your use of the word ARTICULATE caught my attention.

I did a bit of research on what the word you used a number of times actually means.

Interesting that no definitions mention lying, simply an inability to speak fluently.

So, how do you explain away lying ?

Worth a conversation because fake news seems to be, to some, not related in any way to articulation, but actually what is a lie and what is not. When in the service or working, everyone avoided liars, but learned to understand those who articulated poorly. It was easy to tell the difference.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
This thread proves that people can enjoy hatred without mentioning politics directly at all.

and while you are explaining away lying, how about trying to explain the use of the word HATRED in the first para of your rebuttal. Where is the HATRED in anything that any one of us posters has used?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-10-2019, 10:49 AM
Sage

The OP talked to RT and somehow this was hijacked to attack CNN, not surprising, but to the thread topic...

Does nobody object to RT intruding OPENLY into our systems that used to be protected and honored...

Each time this theme is brought up, as if no foreign country who openly opposed our democratic system, openly speaks to how they intend to divide us and even tells us how they will do it.

YET, somehow we attack our own, as intended of course, but no concern shown about any of that.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:19 AM
Sage

Until this thread, NEVER heard of RT Network. And I have never seen a glimpse of it on anything onTV I have watched. Never on Facebook.

RT (TV network - Wikipedia)

Where do you all see it???

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-10-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:39 AM

I have watched RT because and old reporter from Miami was the reporter. I didn't agree with some of it but it was not as annoying as FOX.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
I have watched RT because and old reporter from Miami was the reporter. I didn't agree with some of it but it was not as annoying as FOX.
Annoying is a general term. They have become (did not used to be) the seat of conspiracies.

What is amazing, the watchers do not seem to care that the conspiracies fostered on there are not true, have NEVER EVER be proven to be true, and have caused so much harm (see suits against their late night star, and the shooting at the pizza place supposedly a den of oedophiles) both of these reported as factual and totally made up but repeated by our government.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Sage

Again, this thread was about RT, not any other netwaork.

Not sure of the motive of those who ignore the OP, but assume they are all fans of RT and their message.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
Yes...All of the world watches fake news CNN....They laugh and see how divided we are. So now Russia sees how powerful and controlling it can be to spread lies and propaganda around the world and now they are infiltrating the world with their station, RT.
Fake news CNN. I can only guess where you think you get the real news.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Until this thread, NEVER heard of RT Network. And I have never seen a glimpse of it on anything onTV I have watched.

RT (TV network - Wikipedia)

Where do you all see it???
I believe you mentioned you are on Facebook.....well, they certainly were a major topic during our country's investigation.....sure were the subject of much questioning during Facebooks visit to the capital, and have been in most news reports about the manipulation of news on Facebook.

Now, the controversy continues....

RT attacks Facebook for suspending In The NOW, Soapbox, other pages - Business Insider

Not sure how a Facebook user can not be aware.

Facebook ad platform made it easy for Russians to manipulate users

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...8fe_story.html

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...rt_Volume2.pdf

Note the date on much of this.....most were reported well before the current harrangue

Last edited by Bucco; 12-10-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:27 PM
Sage

Most people use Facebook without any kind of interaction with the people or the policies of who run it. They simply use Facebook as a way to see what their friends and family members are doing and to laugh at their cleverness and some like to argue politics on it as well. The kid who owns Facebook and the decisions he makes doesn't enter into our Facebook experience. During the period you mention, all of us could and many did just erased strange political news posts and reported them. We are a lot smarter than you think.

Just on this forum, we have no interaction with the webmaster or the website maker or sense his/her presence or views.

Most people I know TRY to read the news without opinion and fewer watch the opinion talkers on any of the major networks.

I am not sure that the Nielsen ratings are something you understand but here is how the public views the three major networks according to Nielsen.

neilsen ratings on news networks - Bing

Google the same phrase...……..

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-10-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Most people use Facebook without any kind of interaction with the people or the policies of who run it. They simply use Facebook as a way to see what their friends and family members are doing and to laugh at their cleverness and some like to argue politics on it as well. The kid who owns Facebook and the decisions he makes doesn't enter into our Facebook experience.

Just on this forum, we have no interaction with the webmaster or the website maker.

Most people I know TRY to read the news without opinion and fewer watch the opinion talkers on any of the major networks.

I am not sure that the Nielsen ratings are something you understand but here is how the public views the three major networks according to Nielsen.

neilsen ratings on news networks - Bing
I certainly appreciate your bow to my lack of understanding but I understand and comprehend much more than you know, but nice of you to be concerned about my understanding.

Yet the thread is about RT....are you happy with the acknowledged thrust of twisting facts on Facebook among others ?

Did you read or at least the congressional hearings on the subject ?

I realize Do not understand, as you alluded to, but I do read quite a bit......cannot believe there is an American who never heard of RT.

You said you "never heard" of RT before today.....THAT alone says a lot ("Until this thread, NEVER heard of RT Network)
Old 12-10-2019, 12:40 PM
Sage

Never heard of RT.

You ever heard of Baby Yoda?

There is a big world full of fun and good things in this wonderful economy that feeds people who used to be hungry.

Tags
news, russia, russian, watching, piqued

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.