Senior Moment — fluff worth watching — here’s why:

Old 04-19-2021, 07:30 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default Senior Moment — fluff worth watching — here’s why:

They will always be Denny Crane, Jim Ignatowski, and Designing Women’s Charlene to me, but now they are starring in a TV movie Senior Moment.

Denny is now 90 — although in the movie his character’s age is 72. Iggy, in real life, is now 82, and Charlene is 69. (I, of course, have not aged a bit since I watched them in their earlier roles — yeah, right.)

The plotline is light and fluffy — but that’s OK. The movie will not win any awards — but who cares. I thought it was fun to see 3 of my favorites in Senior Moment.

If you like cars, you will like seeing two beautiful machines, each playing a role, — a vintage Porsche and a new BMW. I had never seen a BMW like this one. It has “Back To The Future”-ish doors. (Christopher Lloyd must have been having flashbacks during the filming.)

I looked up the BMW and read that the doors are called “Butterfly Doors” — certainly attention-getters.

We watched the movie on Apple. I think it might also be on You Tube, not sure though.

Stars and Cars made a silly movie well worth watching — for me, anyway.

Vroom Vroom Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 04-19-2021 at 07:43 AM.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:22 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

I agree that it was a cute movie, I'm just not so sure that in the end - he made the right choice (ducking). lol

Old 04-20-2021, 08:37 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I agree that it was a cute movie, I'm just not so sure that in the end - he made the right choice (ducking). lol
I am assuming you are not so sure that “Denny” ended up with the car that was right for him.

Surely, you cannot be questioning his choice of women.

He made the right choice in both cases.

Now, I need to find another light and fluffy movie.

(I wonder why so many screenwriters make their mature male lead characters old flyboys — actually I guess I do know.)

Old 04-21-2021, 07:36 AM
Platinum member

Is this on Netflix?

Old 04-21-2021, 08:39 AM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Is this on Netflix?

It is so new that we had to rent it. We used Apple, but I just read that it can be rented on Amazon. And I read somewhere that You Tube has it.

Sometimes, I find it a little aggravating to have to rent something from one of the streaming channels we subscribe to because that seems to be happening more often lately. But, oh well, it's an evening of entertainment at home.

Like I said, it's the Stars and Cars that made this one fun. It's a typical formulaic RomCom, but it's about later-in-life courtship, etc. (And, yes, the etc. part is in it, too, but we do not have to see it from every angle and for a ridiculous amount of time like so many movies seem to think everybody wants to see see these days. Pandering works, I guess.)

Semi-Prudish Boomer

Tags
movie, bmw, moment, senior, cars

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.