Sister Wives TV Show

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Sister Wives TV Show

I am extremely embarrassed to admit that I have, from time to time, watched this show on TV. I think I found it when I was completely bored out of my mind and became almost hypnotized by it. So ........... will anyone else admit to having watched this and what is their reaction.

My reaction to it is sheer amazement that these woman can cohabit with such a person. Four woman all sleeping and producing hoards of illegitimate children with the same man! They all have huge homes. Where do they get the money? Last night I heard them say they all work - what does he do? They all drive nice cars, not a clunker in the lot.

I watch the show and then when it's over I am infuriated with myself for being so damned stupid .......... it's like sitting and watching a snake and not being able to look away! I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person, and I am disgusted by the show, but I cannot drag myself away.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 03-02-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Platinum member

I watch the show often enough to know what's going on. While I don't necessarily agree with the lifestyle, it seems to work for them. Who am I to say they shouldn't do what feels right for them. As to the houses and cars I have to assume they get paid for the show and property is far less expensive in Las Vegas. As to the "legitimacy" of the children-does it really matter? They appear to love all the children and the children seem to be happy.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Gold member

Ok, I watch it too sometimes. In my opinion Kody is the most annoying, Robin next, Merri a little to dramatic at times, the other two seem the most normal....but it all works for them. The kids all seem happy enough. Last night I didn't like when Kody said he was annoyed that he had to deal the government laws. He just has an additude that gets me sometimes. The big houses and cars get me too but they do get paid pretty well for each episode. It's an interesting lifestyle that they have chosen.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Sage

I must be missing something. I thought polygamy was illegal. Yet here is a tv show based on just that. How can this be? I must be a prude. I won't watch it as I think it is disgraceful.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I am extremely embarrassed to admit that I have, from time to time, watched this show on TV. I think I found it when I was completely bored out of my mind and became almost hypnotized by it. So ........... will anyone else admit to having watched this and what is their reaction.
No need to be embarrassed about watching reality television. millions of people do. Most don't admit it tho.
By the way, don't read this if reality TV creeps you out ...

My Five Wives (same channel) is a much better show, IMHO. (Not than I watch reality TV or anything. )
The guy with five wives is a much nicer guy than Cody. You can actually believe someone might choose to be married to him.
His five wives all seem to get along much better than Cody's wives. His 24 kids all get along too.
Everyone has their own path and chooses their own lifestyle, and who are we to sit in judgment.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:59 PM
Platinum member

I have seen it and am amazed at how well this family functions. They seem caring, very loving to one another, very good parents. The teenagers that are in college are intelligent and mature. He is only legally married to one. The other three, he is "spiritually " married to.....therefore, it is legal.

I could certainly not be in a marriage like this, but they seem to make it work....plus they are making $50,000 an episode...not a lot to support 24 people in 4 homes. They have jobs ( one has a very high paying job), although one or two try to stay home to take care of the preschoolers. A mother in law moved in recently and helps with childcare.

Their homes are beautiful and huge and they seem very happy. They get along better than a whole lot of "normal" relationships I know and so far they've done a very good job raising their children. They've all received scholarships to university's.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Platinum member

I do not believe that life is only black or white - there are many shades of gray. What works for them-works for them. Their choices are just that-theirs. Live and let live.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Gold member

what I want to know is what does Cody do for a living. When the wives purchased there homes it went on there credit and there income. So what does he pay for?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Sage

I watch all the time and am not least bit embarrassed. Interesting to watch the dynamics between the women and especially interesting between Merrie and Robin. I believe they truly love each other. I seem to remember early on Cody would go to work and seemed to have plans or something so is he an architect? engineer? No more mindless then comedy shows, cops and robbers, or ridiculous love stories.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Platinum member

I watch most of the time too. Sometimes I kind of think it might be nice to have that many people around you all the time that have a common thread. It is what it is.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
what I want to know is what does Cody do for a living. When the wives purchased there homes it went on there credit and there income. So what does he pay for?
A Google search indicates they get around $50,000 per episode.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.