Television news coverage

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2019, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Not a lot different in other parts of the Country......when you live in the north and a snowstorm is coming they do the same thing. I suspect if you lived on the coast your view might be different.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-04-2019, 10:05 PM
Sage

Excessive for sure...they could have had the banner running at the top if they wanted people to be updated and "IF" anything significant changed then alert people at the change of the hour. We TIVO most of our favorite programming or things on cable we're interested in so it didn't matter too much. We watch very little on the network channels anymore. Also very little "news". The industry really has changed in the past 25 yrs or so....maybe a bit longer.

As for covering hurricanes...having lived for most of my life on the "frozen tundra"...think hurricanes are most frightening. Too unreliable and you can watch for days while it trudges on. At least most of the time with tornado weather, you have a bit of a warning and most places have basements to hunker down in. A false sense of security? Maybe! But sometimes miss that basement here---especially when the sky gets a weird color. Hurricanes...you just never can call it. We've lived through Matthew (or was it Michael?...it was on the Atlantic side), Irma and now Dorian. After Irma, I'm a bit skittish!! SOOOO thankful we dodged the bullet with Dorian. Certainly didn't seem to look like we would.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:35 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

I thought the Weather Channel did a terrific job of reporting Dorian. If you don’t like what you see on a particular channel, it’s very easy with your remote to turn it off or change channels. Having said that, too much of anything is too much - and that goes for sports too. Take a break now and then.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:38 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

No, because I didn't sit there and watch it.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:48 AM

It was amazing. There were no shootings around Orlando during the storm coverage. Maybe everyone put their guns away and just watched.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Your Kidding.

It is no secret that each of the broadcasters wants "Face Time" and this is their chance to get it. It was excessive so they could get the Face Time. If anyone does not see it as excessive I have a "Bridge in Brooklyn" for sale.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
...If anyone does not see it as excessive I have a "Bridge in Brooklyn" for sale.
So any opinion other than yours is wrong. I see.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
So any opinion other than yours is wrong. I see.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-05-2019, 10:33 AM

No, keep in mind the areas of viewership are not just The Villages. WESH is in Orlando, Daytona Beach and other coastal areas. Living here our concern about potential hurricanes is minimal compared to those that live along the coast. If you have Comcast you could have tuned into to Channel 2 for the local "news"
Old 09-05-2019, 11:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
It is no secret that each of the broadcasters wants "Face Time" and this is their chance to get it. It was excessive so they could get the Face Time. If anyone does not see it as excessive I have a "Bridge in Brooklyn" for sale.
There is an 'off' button on your television.

You are welcome.
Closed Thread

Tags
coverage, excessive, programs, emptive, pre

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.