What do you like to watch?

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

My wife just came here from the Philippines and had never seen most American television. She is currently really into Seinfeld and Friends reruns. I like to watch mostly news programs and golf. We also love the Big Bang Theory. I got the MLB package so I could watch the Red Sox, but unfortunately they're having "a bit of an off year", so I've kind of lost interest.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Sage

Parenthood
Survivor
The Apprentice
Greys Anatomy
Old 09-17-2012, 02:51 AM
Veteran member

At the moment I am watching, The Finder, The Glades, CSI Miami (I need a Florida fix now autmn is here ) We also get a couple of Australian crime shows, more 'gritty' than US crime shows. One is, 'Underbelly'
Worth looking up to watch on line, it is set in Melbourne about the local Maffia. Though I do not like the bad language!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritParrothead View Post
At the moment I am watching, The Finder, The Glades, CSI Miami (I need a Florida fix now autmn is here ) We also get a couple of Australian crime shows, more 'gritty' than US crime shows. One is, 'Underbelly'
Worth looking up to watch on line, it is set in Melbourne about the local Maffia. Though I do not like the bad language!
Will have to check these out.

The new season of Dexter started last night. It should be interesting to see how Dexter interacts with his sister.

Loved The Finder and regret that it looks like they axed it. Cannot say I will miss CSI: Miami that much. It too got the can.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Sage

The shows on my DVR list are Castle, Boardwalk Empire, Doc Martin,Prime Suspect, Treme and Revolution. I also watch, but don't record, Pawn Stars and American Pickers and Antiques Roadshow.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

We too, love Doc Martin. His character is too funny. My husbands doc is just like him
We also like this part of Cornwall, and visit a couple of times a year!
Can you understand the locals accents?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritParrothead View Post
We too, love Doc Martin. His character is too funny. My husbands doc is just like him
We also like this part of Cornwall, and visit a couple of times a year!
Can you understand the locals accents?
Not entirely. It's kind of like knowing enough of a foreign language to ask where's the bathroom and to order coffee. But I"m getting better at it.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Gold member

Love Royal Pains, Burn Notice, NCIS, Law and Order Special Victims Unit (but not as much since Stabler left) and Modern Family..also watch HGTV, especially Candice Olsen..and occasionally Hoarders...just to feel like a great housekeeper. Lately I've been watching a few shows about hauntings...I watch, laugh at how stupid and fake it all is....then find myself jumping anytime I hear a noise in my house. Think I need to stop watching!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

This will stir up a hornets nest
I like to Watch Golf, Bowling, Tennis
The true sports
Each week these professionals have to preform to the best of their ability
or don't get paid. Sure the top ones have endorsement's they earned it.
Wasn't handed to them
The other ball sports Baseball,Basketball Football are all college graduates that become millionaires overnight that wear a uniform and it doesn't matter if they produce or fail. Most don't have any idea of the meaning of the word TEAM. Only where's the money
Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Sage

I'm sure a case can be made for certain players that have a guaranteed contract so if they get hurt, they still will be paid. Therefore, there isn't a great need to produce. It is funny how a player produces in the last year of his contract in order to get a bigger contract.

I'd like to think that almost all players want to reap some reward of their efforts in terms of championships. The caveat is that some players look at it like a job.

It does pertrurb me when I see a player making millions and not hustling.
Can you hear me Robbie Cano and Nick Swisher?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Gold member
Default Best new one

I like some of the new shows and Copper is the best one. It is on BBCAmerica and is about a police detective in 1860s New York's Five Points. Excellent acting and stories.

Also like Revolution and The New Normal. Big Bang is one of my all time favorites. However, I like to read more then watch TV.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I've never heard of negotiating a contract for golf bowling or tennis
Earn your keep or drop from the top of list.
The others I've had a great college career who's the highest bidder
Old 10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Veteran member

I only got into Big Bang this past June, when we were in The villages! Well, hat can I say??? Sooooo funny, it is on 3 times a day here in the south of England, playing catchup i think. Sheldon just cracks me up! We were at a partt on Saturday, and one of the younger guests was tyhe image of Sheldon!! Same type of Geek/Nerd as well. Even the lad agreed with us, bless him

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.