What are you Streaming?

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2020, 10:51 AM
Platinum member
Default yes

The Dublin Murders off of one of the Sling channels.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:04 PM

The Man in the High Castle
Ozark
Altered Carbon
Dark (German SciFi w/sub titles)
Upload
Travelers
Cobra Kai - silly but watchable
Star Trek Discovery
Old 10-07-2020, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
“New Tricks”

BBC on Amazon

Three brilliant detectives (old enough to have been living in TV for years) are called out of retirement to help solve cold cases. Each of the guys comes with his own baggage, quirks, and methods of detective work that get the job done, sometimes crossing the line — just a little.

This show is smart, funny, gives you a murder to solve, and no gore.

We are binge-watching right now — up to episode 4.

Boomer
Boomer, thanks for reminding us abut Old Tricks. Cute show, easy to watch and fun. Last night I watched her in the episode dealing with forged art, she is gorgeous when she is done up, really very attractive, but what a mouth.

I have been watching The Yorkshire Vet for the last part of our evening. I find if I watch politics I am up most of the night, but the Yorkshire Vet is just so relaxing and easy to watch.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-17-2020, 07:08 AM
Sage
Default Streaming, having to pay for more sites and more questions

Has anyone noticed that more and more sites for streaming are starting to charge.

I downloaded PBS as a free site. Watched Masterpiece Flesh and Blood Episodes 1 and 2, great mystery show and I am hooked. Then to get Episode 3 I had to either join PBS Passport with a monthly charge of $5.99 or I can pick it up on several other British sites and pay by the episode.

This also happened with another really good crime show my husband was watching. I know the cost is far cheaper than going out to the movies, but I have already purchased the main site where it is located and cannot get more than two episodes. Am I correct in thinking that the original show has been purchased from the BBC and to watch it you have to pay either the BBC or the site that buys it.

Also, does anyone know what the new Exfinity Peacock is all about. I got a full page blurb from them recently asking me to sign up for it, but with no cost provided.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-17-2020, 07:13 AM
Sage
Default New subject

I recently lost two sites I pay for and it turned out that ROKU was managing these sites, and ROKU was updating their software and my sites got eaten.

I have never used Geek Squad, but in desperation after hours of trying to reach someone at Roku, I went in and had someone come to the house. I think he was about 12 yrs old and had been born with a coputer in his hands, it took him all of 10 mins to clear my problem, he then cleaned up my treaming site and got rid of a load of mess. It was the best money we have ever paid. If anyone is interested, I have his card and will gladly give you his name on PM. He is only available through Geek Squad at this time. But ................. Nice young guy, great personality.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Also, does anyone know what the new Exfinity Peacock is all about. I got a full page blurb from them recently asking me to sign up for it, but with no cost provided.
Peacock is free with ads or a few dollars.a month without. Xfinity customers receive the premium version at no charge. It's an NBC/Universal service.

Good deal for you!
Old 10-17-2020, 09:31 AM
Veteran member

Season 1 of Fargo with Billy Bob Thornton was very good. Justified, and for motorcycle fans, Long Way Around, Long Way Down and the current series, Long Way Up with Evan McGregor and Charlie Boorman.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

I am a fan of Chris O' Dowd. I just finished watching him and Ray Romano in Get Shorty (the TV series) on Prime.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
I am a fan of Chris O' Dowd. I just finished watching him and Ray Romano in Get Shorty (the TV series) on Prime.
Get Shorty is fun. Romano has turned into a terrific dramatic actor, imo. Another good series of his is Men of a Certain Age from a few years ago. Two seasons on HBO Max to stream.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
"Boston Legal" Great wit. Excellent writers. They don't make them like that show anymore. What a Hoot!
Loved that show!
Old 10-21-2020, 09:57 AM
Sage

If, like me, you have "down time" in the afternoon and you want something very different to watch find SLINGSHOT on Prime. It is basically the story of an incredible youngish man from Manchester NH who is an inventor. I don't want to give too much away other than to say just watch it very carefully. I am going to have to watch it again because there is so much content of importance wrapped in this small video.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:37 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Shameless Confession:

We now have watched every episode of the Irish crime-drama soap opera Red Rock.

I had never heard of Red Rock until someone in this thread told us about it. (This thread is so long that I could not easily find the poster who talked about Red Rock or I would have quoted him. This is a highly useful thread though. Thank you, Madelaine Amee.)

Each episode of Red Rock is really short, with something like 80 episodes a season. I think it ran twice a week in its heyday.

We don’t watch anything until evening so Red Rock fit into our binge schedule for quite a while.

The thing is, it’s not that good. But it has things to remember — like how the Garda always offer suspects tea when they bring them in for questioning. The Garda are always running, running, running to catch their suspects. No guns. Or rarely a gun. Just a run and tackle.

Then there are the two mean women who boss around their opposing families in a generational feud. Of course, a guy from one family gets a woman from the enemy family pregnant.

The best part is we get to learn lots of Irish slang.

I told a friend about it and she and her husband watched all of it. Now, she finds herself referring to her husband as “Da” when she talks to her kids.

I find myself referring to certain people as “eejits.”

I have added “bloody hell” to my repertoire of useful terms. (But. . .come to think of it, maybe I got that one from New Tricks, our most recent binge.)

Red Rock has crime but no gore. The drama of the personal lives of the Garda is a big part of the storyline.

Somehow though when it was canceled in the 3rd season, it left some things hanging. Oh, well. I guess we could just make up our own endings.

Anyway, if you are looking for a rather silly, easy binge, Red Rock could be it. Amazon.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-26-2020 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-26-2020, 02:24 PM

started last year i stream netflix amazon prime att&t tv hulu and disney for grandkids...share costs with sons...i use amazon firestick.....very satisfied....now using up north till i move
Old 10-26-2020, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Designated Survivor. We didn't particularly care for Kiefer Sutherland when the show started but he has redeemed himself as we start the third season. We Highly Recommend this show on Netflix.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Designated Survivor. We didn't particularly care for Kiefer Sutherland when the show started but he has redeemed himself as we start the third season. We Highly Recommend this show on Netflix.
Was very sorry when they cancelled it. One of our favorites
Closed Thread

Tags
streaming, show, cable, loved, ideas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.