What are you Streaming?

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2020, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default What are you Streaming?

Do YOU, yes you, have any interest in having a "What are you Streaming" discussion thread? A while ago we had a great discussion group going on Classic movies, I think we could enjoy and get new ideas, about what to stream.

I enjoy streaming, I have a News streaming show, Prime and two annual streaming channels, but do have a problem .... there is SO MUCH to watch. I went from almost nothing on Cable to overload on wiFi.

I will start with my preference: Courtroom Dramas, love them. I loved The Brief. I like police dramas. I prefer non-violent shows, but like the thrillers that make the hair stand up on the back of your neck Have just finished watching Gold Digger, a chick flick type show, I loved it.

Any ideas guys and ladies!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-24-2020, 03:16 PM
Gold member

I stream YoutubeTV for my regular TV.

I have recently been watching a lot of youtube.com there is about anything and everything to watch from Johnny Carson Late Show to many live concerts. Just do a search and go.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:56 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

I am so glad you started this thread. I need some new ideas, too.

Recently, I have gone back to one of my favorites, The Vicar of Dibley. (I think we get it on BritBox.) The. village of Dibley gets a new vicar — and they are quite taken aback because the vicar is (gasp) a woman! The characters are really quirky and make me laugh out loud.

Another British show we like is The IT Crowd. Two hilarious geeky guys are their company's IT department. They are relegated to the basement of the building, along with their manager who knows nothing about computers. (Quirky characters all around in this one, too.) I think we get it on Netflix or Amazon.

Although I definitely have an affinity for British humor, my favorite American go-to sitcom is Third Rock from the Sun. John Lithgow is one of my favorite actors. He is a comedic genius when he is Dick Solomon in 3rd Rock and then does a fantastic job as Churchill in The Crown. What a range.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I am so glad you started this thread. I need some new ideas, too.

Recently, I have gone back to one of my favorites, The Vicar of Dibley. (I think we get it on BritBox.) The. village of Dibley gets a new vicar — and they are quite taken aback because the vicar is (gasp) a woman! The characters are really quirky and make me laugh out loud.

Another British show we like is The IT Crowd. Two hilarious geeky guys are their company's IT department. They are relegated to the basement of the building, along with their manager who knows nothing about computers. (Quirky characters all around in this one, too.) I think we get it on Netflix or Amazon.

Although I definitely have an affinity for British humor, my favorite American go-to sitcom is Third Rock from the Sun. John Lithgow is one of my favorite actors. He is a comedic genius when he is Dick Solomon in 3rd Rock and then does a fantastic job as Churchill in The Crown. What a range.
Boomer, I thought you might like a change of pace. You have to watch Gold Digger, I believe there are seven episodes and I stayed up later and later, it got better and better. We just watched the movie on Churchill called The Secret, excellent. I also found ALF (had to pay for it) and Taxi, also pay for it. Great shows. My other half found ZULU, the movie, he went into his man cave and was gone for the night.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-24-2020, 04:06 PM

You sure you want to know? jk
Old 06-24-2020, 04:24 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Boomer, I thought you might like a change of pace. You have to watch Gold Digger, I believe there are seven episodes and I stayed up later and later, it got better and better. We just watched the movie on Churchill called The Secret, excellent. I also found ALF (had to pay for it) and Taxi, also pay for it. Great shows. My other half found ZULU, the movie, he went into his man cave and was gone for the night.
Thanks. I will watch Gold Digger. I had not heard of it before. Sounds good.

I recently finished Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu. I read the book, too. Interesting but seemed like the storyline was stretched to get it into more episodes. It had a couple of interesting changes from the book.

I watched Defending Jacob on Apple TV. That one brings up the question of Nature vs. Nurture. Again, I felt like the story was stretched to reach 8 episodes. (I liked the book better.) In the streaming version, the actor who plays a murderer is the same actor who plays the nice, calm man in the Farmers Insurance commercials. He is so evil in Defending Jacob. I did not even recognize him as the insurance guy until Mr. Boomer said, “Hey, that is the Farmers Insurance guy.”

Last edited by Boomer; 06-24-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
I stream YoutubeTV for my regular TV.

I have recently been watching a lot of youtube.com there is about anything and everything to watch from Johnny Carson Late Show to many live concerts. Just do a search and go.
I had over 300 Concert DVD's mostly from Best Buy and Amazon and then I discovered youtube.com in 2010. I now have over 8,000 concert videos saved into 42 different music chapters. All styles, but mostly all live and decent quality, some from DVD's and some are pretty decent audience recordings.

I've got a 75" Samsung 4k LED and a 5.1 surround, so for about the last 10 years it's been a normal ritual for my wife and me to have a concert every Friday night at home. Thank God our masonry CYV is very soundproof.

Here's a link to my youtube page, I don't know if you 'll be able to see all the chapters. Scroll down past 'history' and past 'watch later' to "playlist" you may have to click on 'show more' to see all the lists. I try and add new titles every week.

YouTube
Old 06-25-2020, 04:56 AM
Veteran member

On Amazon Prime my wife and I really enjoyed Red Rock. It’s an Irish police “soap opera” type show. The episodes are only 1/2 hour but the first and second seasons were 80 episodes each and the third was 70 episodes. We usually watched 5 or 6 episodes per night. It was a very addicting show for us when when we were stuck in the house.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

All of Breaking Bad, Ozark, Narcos, Narcos Mexico. Just started “Alone”.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:36 AM

13 reasons why
Defending Jacob
Bosch
Yellowstone
Old 06-25-2020, 06:05 AM

There's a new series on Prime called Zoom. It's about the future where when people are at deaths door they can choose to die a conventional death or be uploaded to a virtual reality paradise. It is very creative and interesting.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:28 AM
Veteran member

YouTube TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime (as part of our membership), CBS All Access, and a host of free channels.

All combined, we still pay about one-half of what we did for the cable service we dropped one year ago after about the third price increase, and we have a ridiculous amount of stuff to watch.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:29 AM
Sage

Does anyone else run into this ..............

I have spent my career using computers for various applications, my other half has always had the type of position where he had a girl friday to do his leg work for him. Now I am faced with him having a real hard time finding programs. He has his own room and TV and I have the best room in the house with my TV. I will be in the middle of watching something and he calls me to get his program, or to find something for him to watch. This is only since we converted to streaming, he had no problem with cable TV. Am I alone with this blip, or is it normal in couples.

I have a girlfriend who admits she has to set up the TV for her beloved to watch a program - also streaming.

Old 06-25-2020, 06:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

Yesterday, I finished Netflix. Today, I am going to start on Amazon Prime.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:44 AM

Netflix, prime and tube. various shows. no network tv at all.
Closed Thread

Tags
streaming, show, cable, loved, ideas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.