What are you Streaming?

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2020, 07:01 AM

Been watching "The Ranch" on Netflix. If you can handle no "PC" and a lot of cussing it is very funny.

Great Cast of Sam Elliot, Debra Winger, Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:17 AM

Disney+:
The Mandalorian,
All the Marvel movies in chronological order (How to watch the Marvel Movies in order: Have your own Marvel movie marathon | Tom's Guide)

Amazon:
Upload, Extraction, Burn Notice, Halt and catch fire.

Hulu:
NOS4O2

Netflix:
Nature shows Our Planet and Night on Earth have very impressive photography (a great excuse to try 4K streaming for a month).
Also, Lost in Space (the new one), Mind Hunter, The Umbrella Academy, The Tiger King, Ozark.

Last edited by MacScuba; 06-26-2020 at 08:24 AM. Reason: reordering.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:21 AM

"Boston Legal" Great wit. Excellent writers. They don't make them like that show anymore. What a Hoot!
Old 06-25-2020, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

In addition to movies, there are virtually unlimited numbers of videos available on YouTube. I regularly watch videos on golf, photography, cameras and equipment or “how to’s” on just about any subject you can think of, and on and on. If you participate in a club here, I can guarantee you’d have lots of YouTube choices on the subject of your club’s interests.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1987 View Post
There's a new series on Prime called Zoom. It's about the future where when people are at deaths door they can choose to die a conventional death or be uploaded to a virtual reality paradise. It is very creative and interesting.
I searched "zoom" on Prime Video, and could not find the series.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I searched "zoom" on Prime Video, and could not find the series.
Sure you’re not talking about “Upload”?
Old 06-25-2020, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

I am a compulsive YouTuber as well'
This week it has been Pavarotti and Callas to make my remaining hairs stand on end, and pretend I have something in my eye when I wipe them.
Watched 'Porridge' with Ronnie Barker again for the 000th time, and on a more pratical note, I spent three hours last night watching farriers sort out horses feet. Fascinating!
Old 06-25-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Do YOU, yes you, have any interest in having a "What are you Streaming" discussion thread? A while ago we had a great discussion group going on Classic movies, I think we could enjoy and get new ideas, about what to stream.

I enjoy streaming, I have a News streaming show, Prime and two annual streaming channels, but do have a problem .... there is SO MUCH to watch. I went from almost nothing on Cable to overload on wiFi.

I will start with my preference: Courtroom Dramas, love them. I loved The Brief. I like police dramas. I prefer non-violent shows, but like the thrillers that make the hair stand up on the back of your neck Have just finished watching Gold Digger, a chick flick type show, I loved it.

Any ideas guys and ladies!
Outlander, Yellowstone, Game of Thrones, The Man in The High Castle.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

There is one show that ended very abruptly last year. It was Ray Donovan. It was on Showtime which I believe was an extra $11 per month but well worth it. Sure do hope someone comes in to give the show a proper ending. Not very nice to leave fans hanging where they did. I canceled Showtime and will never go back if they don't do the correct thing.

With Youtube TV as our core, we give access to our Youtube TV account in trade for access to Sling and Netflix and Hulu from other people in our family. It works but is overwhelming. The History Channel was removed from Youtube with no warning just as some of our favorite shows were starting.

I have a device coming so we can stream through Xfinity. Can't wait to see what that's all about.

The menu for each of the main suppliers are different and a pain to navigate sometimes. Netflix is easy, Youtube Tv is beautiful and Amazon Prime is a walk in the park. The others not so much.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:40 AM

We watch Netflix, Prime, Paramount, Brit Box. Things like Money Heist it’s a foreign flick but you can choose to watch it in English. Luther on BBC, Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren, Yellow Stone with Kevin Costner, and Bosch are only a few. We have movie night every night.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Sure you’re not talking about “Upload”?
I don't know. Post #11 says it is called Zoom.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:49 AM

Right now Frasier.

Recently M*A*S*H*, Cheers, Justified, SOA, The Sheild, Mom, and a bunch of others.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Do YOU, yes you, have any interest in having a "What are you Streaming" discussion thread? A while ago we had a great discussion group going on Classic movies, I think we could enjoy and get new ideas, about what to stream.

I enjoy streaming, I have a News streaming show, Prime and two annual streaming channels, but do have a problem .... there is SO MUCH to watch. I went from almost nothing on Cable to overload on wiFi.

I will start with my preference: Courtroom Dramas, love them. I loved The Brief. I like police dramas. I prefer non-violent shows, but like the thrillers that make the hair stand up on the back of your neck Have just finished watching Gold Digger, a chick flick type show, I loved it.

Any ideas guys and ladies!
I’ve been watching “Riverdale” on Netflix. Four seasons so far, based on the old Archie comics. Fun in places, and moving, but these poor kids go through a lot, and there are a lot of surprises.

Recently rewatched all the seasons of “Justified,” starring Timothy Olyphant as a U.S. Deputy Marshall in present day backwoods Kentucky, primarily fighting illegal drug sellers. My girlfriend kept exclaiming “He’s so hot!”

“Yellowstone,” is sort of like a present day “Bonanza.” Kevin Costner stars. On Hulu.

“Gentleman Jack,” on PBS, is about a powerful early Victorian woman. Wonderful acting, but you need to be okay with lesbians. I love it.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:26 AM

I do watch Netflix and Hulu, primarily syfi and comedy. However, I have a serious question. My wife doesn't do much streaming but she's addicted to channels such as the ID channel. Channels that show a lot of crime such as spousal murder. Should I be worried?
Old 06-25-2020, 09:43 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Choro&Swing,

Your girlfriend is right.
Closed Thread

Tags
streaming, show, cable, loved, ideas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.