What are you Streaming?

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2020, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1987 View Post
There's a new series on Prime called Zoom. It's about the future where when people are at deaths door they can choose to die a conventional death or be uploaded to a virtual reality paradise. It is very creative and interesting.

I think your program is Upload. Check this out: Upload Trailer: A Sci-Fi Comedy About the Digital Afterlife – /Film

It sounds great. Have to make a list of all the suggestions. Good stuff, beats fighting over politics.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-25-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We very much enjoy everything on Acorn.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Does anyone else run into this ..............

I have spent my career using computers for various applications, my other half has always had the type of position where he had a girl friday to do his leg work for him. Now I am faced with him having a real hard time finding programs. He has his own room and TV and I have the best room in the house with my TV. I will be in the middle of watching something and he calls me to get his program, or to find something for him to watch. This is only since we converted to streaming, he had no problem with cable TV. Am I alone with this blip, or is it normal in couples.

I have a girlfriend who admits she has to set up the TV for her beloved to watch a program - also streaming.

That's how it is in long and happy marriages. What one lacks, the other has.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:00 PM

Even though we have a so called "smart" TV we have never streamed any programming. We don't watch an excessive amount of TV but find enough programming to our liking via regular cable and our extensive DVD collection. Currently we are enjoying the entire run of the new "Hawaii Five-0" and the late '50's early 60's set of "The Untouchables." We mix those in with some concerts and classic movies plus the latest Hallmark Movie Mysteries and daily local and network news. We are not adverse to trying streaming but can't seem to find the time right now. It's great that there are so many choices available to help get us through this pandemic.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:30 PM

Justified on Hulu. Jack Ryan, Bosch, Goliath, Catastrope on Prime. Ray Donovan, Billions, Homeland on Showtime. Oh Hand Maids Tale.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:23 PM

The Last Ship is FANTASTIC
Old 06-26-2020, 10:14 AM
Gold member

We are into Season 2 of Forsyth, a PBS masterpiece theater series thru Amazon Prime. Also all 5 seasons of Billions on Showtime. Early, re watched all seasons of The West Wing on Netflix as well as Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul and El Camino.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-19-2020, 10:45 PM
Sage

I have been watching "Ozark" on Netflix...just finished the first season. Very good, but pretty dark (FYI: lots of "adult" language). I can only watch 2 episodes at a time max due to the heaviness of the subject matter.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
On Amazon Prime my wife and I really enjoyed Red Rock. It’s an Irish police “soap opera” type show. The episodes are only 1/2 hour but the first and second seasons were 80 episodes each and the third was 70 episodes. We usually watched 5 or 6 episodes per night. It was a very addicting show for us when when we were stuck in the house.
Had never heard of Red Rock but started watching on your recommendation. We are now several episodes into Season 2. Definitely hooked! Thanks!

kathy
Old 07-20-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Boomer, I thought you might like a change of pace. You have to watch Gold Digger, I believe there are seven episodes and I stayed up later and later, it got better and better. We just watched the movie on Churchill called The Secret, excellent. I also found ALF (had to pay for it) and Taxi, also pay for it. Great shows. My other half found ZULU, the movie, he went into his man cave and was gone for the night.
Zulu is one of the best military type shows ever.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:21 AM
Sage

I really like to watch past episodes of LivePD. They show real people talking to other real people and trying to keep peace and restore order and protect. If people reading my post have never seen any episodes here is a typical group of five or so segments that are interesting and educational.

live pd tv show episodes - Bing video
Old 07-23-2020, 09:54 AM
Veteran member
Default Classic British Humour "Green Wing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I am so glad you started this thread. I need some new ideas, too.

Recently, I have gone back to one of my favorites, The Vicar of Dibley. (I think we get it on BritBox.) The. village of Dibley gets a new vicar — and they are quite taken aback because the vicar is (gasp) a woman! The characters are really quirky and make me laugh out loud.

Another British show we like is The IT Crowd. Two hilarious geeky guys are their company's IT department. They are relegated to the basement of the building, along with their manager who knows nothing about computers. (Quirky characters all around in this one, too.) I think we get it on Netflix or Amazon.

Although I definitely have an affinity for British humor, my favorite American go-to sitcom is Third Rock from the Sun. John Lithgow is one of my favorite actors. He is a comedic genius when he is Dick Solomon in 3rd Rock and then does a fantastic job as Churchill in The Crown. What a range.
If you like British humour, like Fawlty and Monty, check out "Green Wing" on regular free youtube. Weirdest bunch of characters in a hospital. Some actors have gone on to become quite famous.

Last edited by SFSkol; 07-23-2020 at 09:55 AM. Reason: add shows
Old 07-23-2020, 11:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Broadchurch on Netflix. Really good BBC series. We just started season 2. Stars David Tennant, who also played Dr. Who years ago.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

I really liked Unbelievable on Netflix. It started a little slow, but I'm glad I stuck with it.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

We started with Prime Video a month or so ago and really enjoyed Bosch, Jack Ryan and Amazing Mrs Meisel.

Year ago had seen a few episodes of Burn Notice but now that we can get entire series started watching from beginning.

Will give Red Rock a try down the road a bit as we keep hearing good things about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
streaming, show, cable, loved, ideas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.