Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2018, 09:02 AM

Directvnow lacks a built in DVR...….
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 01-22-2019, 07:24 AM

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I’ve been using YouTube TV for almost two months now. Cutting that cable cord was the best decision. I love the channel selection with YouTube TV. Extensive sports channels. Generous movie selections. All the local channels and News channels. It can be a bit glitchy at times, but nothing that would ever make me return to cable.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:26 AM

For those of you using the streaming services: who then is your ISP? Who provides the wires to stream the bits to your house? Usually it is the cable companies. Do you just drop the TV service from the cable company? That's been my big hesitation in "cutting the cord". I still have a cord provided by my cable co.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Sage

Your choices in The Villages for internet (for streaming) are Comcast, Spectrum below 466a only (I believe), and CenturyLink (fiber optics to the house below 466a and some other places and DSL over copper phone lines elsewhere). If you have a "triple play" type deal for internet, TV, and phone, drop the TV and phone and go with internet only. You can use a Voice-over-IP phone, such as OOMA, for less cost if you want a "land line".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
For those of you using the streaming services: who then is your ISP? Who provides the wires to stream the bits to your house? Usually it is the cable companies. Do you just drop the TV service from the cable company? That's been my big hesitation in "cutting the cord". I still have a cord provided by my cable co.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnjguy View Post
Thanks to everyone for your responses. I’ve been using YouTube TV for almost two months now. Cutting that cable cord was the best decision. I love the channel selection with YouTube TV. Extensive sports channels. Generous movie selections. All the local channels and News channels. It can be a bit glitchy at times, but nothing that would ever make me return to cable.
I kept comcast as ISP. Have Roku with You Tube TV, and I’m also very happy with it!
Old 01-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnjguy View Post
Has anyone in The Villages had experience with YouTube TV? The YouTube TV website states that it is available in Orlando. I would really like to cut the cable cord and I like what I see on the website, but would like to hear from anyone who has actually subscribed to it. Thanks.
Still, nothing but good to report on Youtube TV. I just added on an App called Philo, it is what they call a skinny package. It added on $16 a month but now we're finished, we have more than you could ever want for $59 a month. I also have one other add on a single channel for $5.99 a month but can't talk about it on here.

The best thing about streaming is you get to try everything before you commit and if you no like, you cancel next month. Try something different. Good Luck.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:58 PM
Gold member

Anyone using DVR services with DirecTV Now? Which device and service are you using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2019, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Anyone using DVR services with DirecTV Now? Which device and service are you using? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd like to know that also; DirecTV Now is who we want to go with but I'm waiting until they have a DVR system.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:37 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

We have Directv Now , Centurylink internet, Roku. Have been doing this for about 8 months and very happy. Directv Now recording is still restricted to 20 hours and beta.
Closed Thread

Tags
youtube, website, hear, subscribed, cord

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.