Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   YouTube TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/youtube-tv-277165/)

seoulbrooks 11-15-2018 09:02 AM

Directvnow lacks a built in DVR...….

Jnjguy 01-22-2019 07:24 AM

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I’ve been using YouTube TV for almost two months now. Cutting that cable cord was the best decision. I love the channel selection with YouTube TV. Extensive sports channels. Generous movie selections. All the local channels and News channels. It can be a bit glitchy at times, but nothing that would ever make me return to cable.

NatureBoy 01-22-2019 10:26 AM

For those of you using the streaming services: who then is your ISP? Who provides the wires to stream the bits to your house? Usually it is the cable companies. Do you just drop the TV service from the cable company? That's been my big hesitation in "cutting the cord". I still have a cord provided by my cable co.

biker1 01-22-2019 12:00 PM

Your choices in The Villages for internet (for streaming) are Comcast, Spectrum below 466a only (I believe), and CenturyLink (fiber optics to the house below 466a and some other places and DSL over copper phone lines elsewhere). If you have a "triple play" type deal for internet, TV, and phone, drop the TV and phone and go with internet only. You can use a Voice-over-IP phone, such as OOMA, for less cost if you want a "land line".

Quote:

Originally Posted by NatureBoy (Post 1618254)
For those of you using the streaming services: who then is your ISP? Who provides the wires to stream the bits to your house? Usually it is the cable companies. Do you just drop the TV service from the cable company? That's been my big hesitation in "cutting the cord". I still have a cord provided by my cable co.

Fredster 01-22-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jnjguy (Post 1618178)
Thanks to everyone for your responses. I’ve been using YouTube TV for almost two months now. Cutting that cable cord was the best decision. I love the channel selection with YouTube TV. Extensive sports channels. Generous movie selections. All the local channels and News channels. It can be a bit glitchy at times, but nothing that would ever make me return to cable.

:agree: I kept comcast as ISP. Have Roku with You Tube TV, and I’m also very happy with it!

Nucky 01-22-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jnjguy (Post 1598606)
Has anyone in The Villages had experience with YouTube TV? The YouTube TV website states that it is available in Orlando. I would really like to cut the cable cord and I like what I see on the website, but would like to hear from anyone who has actually subscribed to it. Thanks.

Still, nothing but good to report on Youtube TV. I just added on an App called Philo, it is what they call a skinny package. It added on $16 a month but now we're finished, we have more than you could ever want for $59 a month. I also have one other add on a single channel for $5.99 a month but can't talk about it on here.

The best thing about streaming is you get to try everything before you commit and if you no like, you cancel next month. Try something different. Good Luck.

MikeV 01-22-2019 01:58 PM

Anyone using DVR services with DirecTV Now? Which device and service are you using?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kcrazorbackfan 01-22-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeV (Post 1618362)
Anyone using DVR services with DirecTV Now? Which device and service are you using? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd like to know that also; DirecTV Now is who we want to go with but I'm waiting until they have a DVR system.

Biker Dog 01-23-2019 07:37 AM

We have Directv Now , Centurylink internet, Roku. Have been doing this for about 8 months and very happy. Directv Now recording is still restricted to 20 hours and beta.