YouTube TV

YouTube TV

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-13-2018, 03:01 PM

Here is a site where you can compare the different streaming services side-by-side.

Suppose | Compare Cable, Satellite & Streaming TV Services

"Pros play until they can't get it wrong."
"Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of a bagpipe."-- Lee Trevino

Old 11-13-2018, 03:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
You can get Sling with the lifetime option for an extra $5 a month for Hallmark channels. Our daughter shares our Villages Villa and we use her subscription to Sling.
Thanks, but I am still using Comcast for now. FYI, the two Hallmark channels will be showing 37 new Christmas chick flick movies this holiday season.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2018, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Thanks, but I am still using Comcast for now. FYI, the two Hallmark channels will be showing 37 new Christmas chick flick movies this holiday season.
LOL Note to self. Disable this post so my wifey doesn't see about the Chicky Flickies.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
LOL Note to self. Disable this post so my wifey doesn't see about the Chicky Flickies.
Directvnow has The Hallmark channels, Discovery, and History Channels too. All on the $40.00 a mo. package. Isn't Gold Rush on Discovery?

DIRECTV NOW | Stream up to 125+ Live TV Channels
Old 11-15-2018, 08:27 AM

Thanks to all for your comments. Very helpful.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:02 AM

Directvnow lacks a built in DVR...….
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 01-22-2019, 07:24 AM

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I’ve been using YouTube TV for almost two months now. Cutting that cable cord was the best decision. I love the channel selection with YouTube TV. Extensive sports channels. Generous movie selections. All the local channels and News channels. It can be a bit glitchy at times, but nothing that would ever make me return to cable.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:26 AM

For those of you using the streaming services: who then is your ISP? Who provides the wires to stream the bits to your house? Usually it is the cable companies. Do you just drop the TV service from the cable company? That's been my big hesitation in "cutting the cord". I still have a cord provided by my cable co.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Platinum member

Your choices in The Villages for internet (for streaming) are Comcast, Spectrum below 466a only (I believe), and CenturyLink (fiber optics to the house below 466a and some other places and DSL over copper phone lines elsewhere). If you have a "triple play" type deal for internet, TV, and phone, drop the TV and phone and go with internet only. You can use a Voice-over-IP phone, such as OOMA, for less cost if you want a "land line".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
For those of you using the streaming services: who then is your ISP? Who provides the wires to stream the bits to your house? Usually it is the cable companies. Do you just drop the TV service from the cable company? That's been my big hesitation in "cutting the cord". I still have a cord provided by my cable co.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnjguy View Post
Thanks to everyone for your responses. I’ve been using YouTube TV for almost two months now. Cutting that cable cord was the best decision. I love the channel selection with YouTube TV. Extensive sports channels. Generous movie selections. All the local channels and News channels. It can be a bit glitchy at times, but nothing that would ever make me return to cable.
I kept comcast as ISP. Have Roku with You Tube TV, and I’m also very happy with it!

Tags
youtube, website, hear, subscribed, cord