YouTube TV RUT ROH!

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2020, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts
Default YouTube TV RUT ROH!

When CWGUY helped me jump on the Streaming Bandwagon it was $35 a month. Then up to $40 a month, Then $50 and now $64.95. The great thing is they added on channels we don't need and said they will be compiling information over the next month about customer feedback and then may make a decision to adjust the price.

It isn't like we didn't know this was going to happen. NOTHING this good lasts forever. $15 isn't gonna kill me at all it's the idea of the price creep and where and when will it stop.

Someone mentioned a while back that they would rather pay for the convenience of Direct TV. Maybe they were correct. We shall see.

Thanks for NOTHING You Tube TV! You didn't make my day!
Old 06-30-2020, 07:06 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
When CWGUY helped me jump on the Streaming Bandwagon it was $35 a month. Then up to $40 a month, Then $50 and now $64.95. The great thing is they added on channels we don't need and said they will be compiling information over the next month about customer feedback and then may make a decision to adjust the price.

It isn't like we didn't know this was going to happen. NOTHING this good lasts forever. $15 isn't gonna kill me at all it's the idea of the price creep and where and when will it stop.

Someone mentioned a while back that they would rather pay for the convenience of Direct TV. Maybe they were correct. We shall see.

Thanks for NOTHING You Tube TV! You didn't make my day!
Get Amazon Prime and Netflix, about $20 per month. You can add other streaming services like HBO Cinemax Showtime etc for 8-10 per month.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Get Amazon Prime and Netflix, about $20 per month. You can add other streaming services like HBO Cinemax Showtime etc for 8-10 per month.
Name it we've got it. The alternative is Sling. I have it already but Monkey see Monkey do. If the increase works for these guys then everybody is gonna do it.

Comcast is sending one free unit to stream it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Additional units from Comcast are $5 a month. Back to renting again, NOPE.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:15 PM
Platinum member

I considered dumping Comcast for YouTube TV, but Comcast met the price. YouTube was $50.00 per month then. I’ve locked in the Comcast pricing for two years. Looks like I might have saved a few bucks.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:37 PM

Just saw the price increase while watching youtubeTV. Been with it since it started but cancelled my subscription today. That 3rd increase for a couple lousy channels did it for me!
Old 07-01-2020, 05:50 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Saw the increase as well.............not liking, but I have not seen anything comparable at a better price.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

For us, the increase is only $14.00 which we could easily afford, but I don't want to afford it. I do not want the new channels, for that matter I don't want most of the channels offered. Time to look at what is available.

Going to take a close look at Peacock offered by Comcast, plus Hulu offers almost the same channels as YouTubeTV. Plenty of other streaming channels available, but what a pain in the neck!

Any other suggestions from TOTV streamers welcome.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-01-2020, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

There are ever changing deals enough to make you crazy . So I just stay with direct tv , mostly because of my NFL ticket but some just because I don’t feel like chasing the next deal , There was a time when I was always looking for cable deal , then I realized I was complaining about a cable bill but still shopping at Armani and Hugo Boss , $5 raise in cable, spending $100 on a T-shirt, had to laugh makes you wonder how the human brain work sometimes
Old 07-01-2020, 09:52 AM

As of today I am looking for a replacement fit YouTube TV I am researching HuLu, Sling, fobo. Please let us know what others find as a cheaper option. Locals and cloud DVR are important to us.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Saw the increase as well.............not liking, but I have not seen anything comparable at a better price.
I hear ya! I cancelled Y.T.TV today. $30 increase in under 2 years, no thanks.

Our kids are gonna be upset cause they have been mooching off our account for the entire time.

Sling is OK but it's true that there is NOTHING as good as Y.T.TV.

The lady I cancelled with was a doll and said they were going to shut down the customer service line for the rest of the day because they were bleeding customers. I wished her well at her next job. You can still cancel online somehow.

So I cancelled today but still have them until July 24th because they don't prorate cancellations.

Let's see what tomorrows Comcast delivery of their streaming device brings. I'll keep you posted.

Just remembered that I had Philo for a test drive in the beginning and it was great.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I hear ya! I cancelled Y.T.TV today. $30 increase in under 2 years, no thanks.

Our kids are gonna be upset cause they have been mooching off our account for the entire time.

Sling is OK but it's true that there is NOTHING as good as Y.T.TV.

The lady I cancelled with was a doll and said they were going to shut down the customer service line for the rest of the day because they were bleeding customers. I wished her well at her next job. You can still cancel online somehow.

So I cancelled today but still have them until July 24th because they don't prorate cancellations.

Let's see what tomorrows Comcast delivery of their streaming device brings. I'll keep you posted.

Just remembered that I had Philo for a test drive in the beginning and it was great.
Comcast is providing a steaming device? How much will it cost? I have been streaming Comcast using Roku boxes for over a year. The catch is you must have one Comcast box. The main box is on the living room TV and I use the Roku devices in the bedrooms and kitchen. Saving $21.00 month not needing the additional boxes from Comcast I have paid for my Roku devices. An additional plus is I have HD and On Demand on all TVs
Old 07-01-2020, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Is any one using Hulu? Was more expensive than YouTube, but may be cheaper now. Also need to look into Peacock, owned by Comcast. New, really new, not even up and running yet, sounds too good to be true.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-01-2020, 08:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Comcast is providing a steaming device? How much will it cost? I have been streaming Comcast using Roku boxes for over a year. The catch is you must have one Comcast box. The main box is on the living room TV and I use the Roku devices in the bedrooms and kitchen. Saving $21.00 month not needing the additional boxes from Comcast I have paid for my Roku devices. An additional plus is I have HD and On Demand on all TVs
When I went from the Starter Package to the next step up speed wise they offered one Roku like unit for FREE. I accepted and it should be here tomorrow. Since I haven't seen it yet I have no details yet but will report back as I learn more.

The only bad thing so far is that I hate putting my eggs in the Comcast Basket. They are better so far but for me, they are only on parole they haven't been fully cleared yet for the sins of the past.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:38 AM

Good luck on that one. We did the same thing. Locked in a price of 149.xx for 2 years. All of a sudden the third bill I got was just shy of $200.00 I'm SO done with comcrap.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:17 PM
Sage

THE PEACOCK from Comcast is very nice I must admit but it is missing so much Nessesary Television and there is no way to record that I can cipher. The remote is excellent on the Peacock.

We have had Sling since the day after YouTube TV announced the price increase and even though it has the channels we need it can't walk in the shadow of YTTV.
Only 10 hours of recording on Sling and advancing or reversing the shows is a mission and impossible on some shows. Good Bye Slingaroonie!

The bottom line is I'm going to pay for YTTV because there is NOTHING as good and they know it. Damn, I hate to lose. Can't win every time.

Let us know if some better solution becomes available, please.
Closed Thread

Tags
month, make, price, boomboom, kill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.