YouTube TV RUT ROH!

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2020, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Peacock Premium is now a free streaming service if you have Xfinity cable TV. Also, there are a lot of streaming apps that are delivered through the Xfinity cable box, such as Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, Pandora, Radio.com, and many others. You still have to pay a subscription fee for some of the apps, but, if you lose your internet connection or wifi, you can still access the apps through the cable box. Also, I like being able to pay for Netfilx on my Xfinity bill because you don't need to give Netflix a credit card number for automatic billing. I hate automatic billing.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewk View Post
Good luck on that one. We did the same thing. Locked in a price of 149.xx for 2 years. All of a sudden the third bill I got was just shy of $200.00 I'm SO done with comcrap.
Just curious, if you locked in $149 for 2 yrs, how did the 3rd bill go that high? Are you able to cancel without penalty?
Old 07-19-2020, 09:09 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

I just moved my internet from Century link to Comcast. Already had a package for TV with Comcast called a starter package with 140 channels. Price was about $76/Month , but bill was $117 when they add broadcast TV Fee, Sports Channel Fee, and extra TV adapters @$7 or $8 plus taxes. New bill is to be $135 (Supposedly including fees and taxes/ So I was promised/ Yet to see).

So now have 140 channel TV and 200 MBPS internet for hopefully $135 on a two year package. Was told that if I changed my coverage , there would be no penalty if I maintained some Xfinity service. My guess is that I might be able to reduce this bill to $120 if I could stream and eliminate a now $5 charge per adapter. But that is in a perfect world. My experience is that I live elsewhere.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
THE PEACOCK from Comcast is very nice I must admit but it is missing so much Nessesary Television and there is no way to record that I can cipher. The remote is excellent on the Peacock.

We have had Sling since the day after YouTube TV announced the price increase and even though it has the channels we need it can't walk in the shadow of YTTV.
Only 10 hours of recording on Sling and advancing or reversing the shows is a mission and impossible on some shows. Good Bye Slingaroonie!

The bottom line is I'm going to pay for YTTV because there is NOTHING as good and they know it. Damn, I hate to lose. Can't win every time.

Let us know if some better solution becomes available, please.
We, also, decided to stay with YTTV because they really are the best for NOW. The reason we switched to streaming was no matter how much you paid you still could not find decent programs on cable, and right now on streaming we have so much to watch it is mind boggling.

I am hopeful that Jeff Bezos (Amazon) will come up with competition for YTTV. His Prime is excellent.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-23-2020, 01:26 PM
Sage
Default YouTubeTV and HBO

I need some clarification and cannot seem ro find it. With the increase in YouTubeTV there is mention of HBO, is HBO now included with YouTubeTV or is it available for an additional cost.

Also, need a good weather channel and I will not pay $50 a month for the real Weather Channel, any suggestions please.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-23-2020, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I need some clarification and cannot seem ro find it. With the increase in YouTubeTV there is mention of HBO, is HBO now included with YouTubeTV or is it available for an additional cost.

Also, need a good weather channel and I will not pay $50 a month for the real Weather Channel, any suggestions please.
Go to the website "www.suppose.tv". You can select any channels you want on the left side of the screen, and you will see all the streaming services that will provide those channels. It is an excellent website. It looks like you can get The Weather Channel on "Frndly Basic" for $5.99 per month as well as several other channels. I don't think YouTube TV has HBO as a free channel on their lineup.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Go to the website "www.suppose.tv". You can select any channels you want on the left side of the screen, and you will see all the streaming services that will provide those channels. It is an excellent website. It looks like you can get The Weather Channel on "Frndly Basic" for $5.99 per month as well as several other channels. I don't think YouTube TV has HBO as a free channel on their lineup.

Thank you, great information.

Old 07-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

YouTube TV Adding 14 New Channels From Viacom CBS. BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, VH1, BET Her, MTV2, Nick Jr., NickToons, TeenNick, and MTV Classic. From Google. I could live without all of them, no problem. Especially two of them.

Any changes to YouTube TV is a Mission to complete. If you can't figure it out I will try to come up with the answer. Good Luck.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:46 PM
Default Crack that stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Saw the increase as well.............not liking, but I have not seen anything comparable at a better price.
I pay 6.50 for Hulu and 17 for Netflix, I have more channels than I will ever be able to watch. All 3 of my TV sets run on fire sticks.
CNN FOX CBS NBC I get them all plus many more. If your stick isn’t jail broke then your missing a lot of great free movies.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:34 AM

After more than 3 weeks of seeing this thread, I still haven't figured out what RUT ROH stands for. Help me please. Thx.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneroses View Post
After more than 3 weeks of seeing this thread, I still haven't figured out what RUT ROH stands for. Help me please. Thx.
What does ruh-roh mean? ruh-roh Definition. Meaning of ruh-roh. OnlineSlangDictionary.com.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Scooby Doo Saying "Ruh Roh" - YouTube OR George Jetson Pill Overdose! - YouTube
Old 07-24-2020, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I had Comcast and one of the best days of my life was dropping them (dropping AT&T was the other).

I researched Hulu, Amazon, Sling, etc, but I changed to YouTubeTV since it was the ONLY ONE that had all major over-the-air channels (ABC/NBC/CBS/Fox). I wrote a nasty note to them about their price increase, but I don't see a good alternative.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
For us, the increase is only $14.00 which we could easily afford, but I don't want to afford it. I do not want the new channels, for that matter I don't want most of the channels offered. Time to look at what is available.

Going to take a close look at Peacock offered by Comcast, plus Hulu offers almost the same channels as YouTubeTV. Plenty of other streaming channels available, but what a pain in the neck!

Any other suggestions from TOTV streamers welcome.
$14 over $50 is a 28% increase. $14 per month for a year is $168 - that's a lot of money for people who are on a limited budget and choosing to cut the cord because it's more affordable.

We're looking into Pluto, or Sling (orange and blue combined?). We have Youtube TV on the roku and I can access it on my computer, but I also have Peacock TV on my computer and haven't actually tried using it yet.

I'm -very- wary of putting faith into Comcast for anything more than basic internet service.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
I pay 6.50 for Hulu and 17 for Netflix, I have more channels than I will ever be able to watch. All 3 of my TV sets run on fire sticks.
CNN FOX CBS NBC I get them all plus many more. If your stick isn’t jail broke then your missing a lot of great free movies.
If his stick isn't jail broke he's also missing out on doing something illegal.
Closed Thread

Tags
month, make, price, boomboom, kill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.