YouTube TV RUT ROH!

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2020, 02:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We tried Sling as a rider on our sons account and although it mostly did the job Forwarding, Reversing & Clouding are limited and it was uncomfortable to use. Not user friendly for us.

Peacock for us is a disappointment except the remote is a thousand times better than ROKU'S. The content is limited. The first Peacock box from Comcast is free. If you like it then the other ones you order would be at $5 each per month. I'm trying to not rent anymore equipment.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
$14 over $50 is a 28% increase. $14 per month for a year is $168 - that's a lot of money for people who are on a limited budget and choosing to cut the cord because it's more affordable.

We're looking into Pluto, or Sling (orange and blue combined?). We have Youtube TV on the roku and I can access it on my computer, but I also have Peacock TV on my computer and haven't actually tried using it yet.

I'm -very- wary of putting faith into Comcast for anything more than basic internet service.
OBB: Agree, my original post, on which you comment, was not well put on my behalf. The reason why the increase is doable for us is that we were close to $300 per month when we were on cable which is why I really had to get into streaming. I am certainly not happy paying more for YTTV especially when I don't want the additional channels. But, until something better comes along I am stuck with it.

I have looked at HULU which has the Weather Channel and I would really like that built in, but my other half had a difficult time understanding streaming and YTTV and he really does not want to strt all over with a new site.

We currently have YTTV, Prime (which I think is fantastic and will only get better because Jeff B is going to own the world before he is done), and we buy Acorn. For Freebees I watch YouTube which I think is excellent, if you cannot find it on YT it does not exist! Occasionally I watch AlJazeera for world news, I like to know what is going on in the world, not just in our little corner of it.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-25-2020, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Because someone had asked, HBO is Not part of Hulu nor YouTube. It's an add-on.
Closed Thread

Tags
month, make, price, boomboom, kill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.