Zoanette Johnson.

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Question Zoanette Johnson.

I was very perplexed when they gave Zoanette Johnson the go ahead in the city auditions and am even more confused now that they put her in the Top 20 over others who seemed to have a lot more talent. http://www.contactmusic.com/news/zoa...ormers_3532297
Old 02-28-2013, 04:27 PM

I actually watched all of her performance (fast forwarded through others) because she is AMAZING. Go Zoanette!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARENNN View Post
I actually watched all of her performance (fast forwarded through others) because she is AMAZING. Go Zoanette!!!!
Maybe, she is an acquired taste? I did watch all of her performance last night but I heard very few good notes. She seemed to me screaming in some other language much of the time. I do understand passion for your songs but....
Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Gold member

She's a novelty, has a good back story. The public will probably vote her off before long.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
She's a novelty, has a good back story. The public will probably vote her off before long.
She seems to be the first pick of the Vote for the Worst site which has seen its last American Idol season according to the person behind VFTW. http://www.votefortheworst.com/ http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/01/15/vo...shutting-down/
Old 03-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Gold member

If she stays on long I think she'll be a distraction, she was last night the few times they showed her.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Default Unintelligible Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I was very perplexed when they gave Zoanette Johnson the go ahead in the city auditions and am even more confused now that they put her in the Top 20 over others who seemed to have a lot more talent. Zoanette Johnson is
I had difficulty understanding most of her words. It took me until half way through the song to figure out which song she was screaming.

I suspect they couldn't bring themselves to send her home. They are cowards to have America send her home early in the top 20.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbace6 View Post
I had difficulty understanding most of her words. It took me until half way through the song to figure out which song she was screaming.

I suspect they couldn't bring themselves to send her home. They are cowards to have America send her home early in the top 20.
She might last a few rounds. I hope not as that would destroy the dreams of someone who IMHO has a lot more talent.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:52 PM

The 1st night she was on I thought that she was a joke contestant to keep it varied. I was shocked when she made it!!!! What?.,,???!!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Maybe, she is an acquired taste? I did watch all of her performance last night but I heard very few good notes. She seemed to me screaming in some other language much of the time. I do understand passion for your songs but....

YES, I agree. Thank you for being honest. We both think she looks like she escaped from a lunatic asylum. Sorry, can't be politically correct when the talent just is not there.

We've watched American Idol since day one...........this is the worst year ever for contestants........yes, we always got a chuckle out of the truly poor performers in the auditions....but this year it was like a freak show.

Last year I picked Phillip Phillips and he WON. I was thinking from the mindset of the little teenbopper girls who buy the records and scream at the cute guys............like we did for Elvis!!!!! and the Beatles.

But, I do NOT see Zoanette as an American Idol at all.
For what age group would that be?

She can't sing for beans. I probably cannot say what I thought she was.
It's sad that perhaps some other good talent.........like the little Arab girl with the guitar, aged 15, was passed over for , as my dear sainted mom would say, a "floozie"........

We both thought this was the worst year ever of American Idol.
Our favorite show remains "THE AMAZING RACE".........

Again, we watched our recording...........but this past elimination, much better girls were eliminated for the sake of Zoanette. It's not a pity party because of their sad background...........it started out as a "talent" show.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
YES, I agree. Thank you for being honest. We both think she looks like she escaped from a lunatic asylum. Sorry, can't be politically correct when the talent just is not there.

We've watched American Idol since day one...........this is the worst year ever for contestants........yes, we always got a chuckle out of the truly poor performers in the auditions....but this year it was like a freak show.

Last year I picked Phillip Phillips and he WON. I was thinking from the mindset of the little teenbopper girls who buy the records and scream at the cute guys............like we did for Elvis!!!!! and the Beatles.

But, I do NOT see Zoanette as an American Idol at all.
For what age group would that be?

She can't sing for beans. I probably cannot say what I thought she was.
It's sad that perhaps some other good talent.........like the little Arab girl with the guitar, aged 15, was passed over for , as my dear sainted mom would say, a "floozie"........

We both thought this was the worst year ever of American Idol.
Our favorite show remains "THE AMAZING RACE".........

Again, we watched our recording...........but this past elimination, much better girls were eliminated for the sake of Zoanette. It's not a pity party because of their sad background...........it started out as a "talent" show.
What is Zoanette Johnson's background? I cannot really find out all that much about her. I do remember something about her being from a country with a brutal civil war. http://www.frontpageafricaonline.com...ican-idol.html
Old 03-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Gold member

I think I remember her saying she was from Liberia maybe. Hopefully she'll go home next week.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Have always watched AI, but this year I only watched a few shows. It was so bad, including some of the judges, I gave up and don't watch it at all. Ratings are down, and with good reason. Bye, bye, AI.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Sage

She will have a very hard time surviving from last night's performance to go into the next round. Unless Vote for the Worst and other such sites get their way.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/20...american-idol/
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 AM

The judges thought it was funny to keep advancing her at the expense of a couple of very talented girls, and now if the Vote For The Worst site discredits the show as it did with that untalented Sanjaya a few years ago, then Idol is done. Nobody to blame for this side show performer but the judges. They won't think it's so funny Thursday when another talented girl goes home. Last week the girl with the raspy voice who had kids at home should have been kept but was sent home because of this horrendous spectacle Zoanette.

BTW, the girls are perhaps the best crop ever as a group and the boys the worst ever. This is the problem with evenly splitting girls and boys....there will be 3-4 girls cut who are better than 3-4 of the 5 boys who make it. Sad.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.