addresses and phone numbers

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Default addresses and phone numbers

In the Talk of the Villages want adds most people do not put in the address
where the item is located and no phone number to contact them to see it the item has been sold…. are the scared to ??
Old 04-02-2015, 11:19 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

Click on their name and send them a PM. This forum is all over the web...forever.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 04-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksimp View Post
where the item is located and no phone number to contact them to see it the item has been sold…. are the scared to ??
Doubt it. They probably don't want the bother of phone calls from folks they don't know; and especially don't want folks driving up to their house to view the item!

Messaging/emailing is more easily dealt with at one's own convenience.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
In the...want ads most people do not put in the address where the item is located and no phone number...
They should, at least, put in the Village so you know whether or not it's worth your while. I usually PM them asking for their Village, but a reply is not guaranteed.

People may be scared that their identity will be stolen, forgetting that their address is already "out there".

If you write someone a check, it has your name and address on it, plus your account number and branch identifier.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
There is a button on there to send the seller a message. It works for me. I sell things occasionally and get messages from buyers that way. Not interested in posting either my e-mail or my phone number on the internet.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
There is a button on there to send the seller a message. It works for me. I sell things occasionally and get messages from buyers that way. Not interested in posting either my e-mail or my phone number on the internet.
You have your location showing as Hadley, but it's the sellers who don't even let us know their Village that I don't understand

If they are selling a $5 printer cartridge I may contact them if they are a couple of miles away, but not bother if they don't say where they are

Their choice - it just makes sense to me to make things as easy as possible for any potential buyer
Old 04-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Sage
Smile

I did notice that on the new classifieds you are able to pinpoint your location as to whether it is South of 466, between 466 and 466A or South of 466A. I like this feature. I'm like you, the Villages has gotten so large that if an item isn't close to my home I don't want to have to drive all over the Villages to get it. Not worth it.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I did notice that on the new classifieds you are able to pinpoint your location as to whether it is South of 466, between 466 and 466A or South of 466A.
That sounds like a useful facility - I shall check it out
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.