Daily Sun usual media bias

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2015, 06:03 AM
Thumbs down Daily Sun usual media bias

On the front page of the Daily Sun is the AP article on the millions of people that marched throughout France in solidarity against Islamic/ISIS terrorism. The "tickle my ears" AP reporting missed the BIG story (no mention whatsoever) that our country failed to send a representative to one of our biggest allies. Might have to scrap my subscription. Need to know more about what's really going on in the world than what the next club is doing. How about a little more meat? It's okay...I have the drudge report & Fox news; but what about the rest of you?
Old 01-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to TOTV. I see this is your first post. No thanks to request to be my friend on Facebook.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

There have been many threads posted about the bias and poor news reporting of the Daily Sun. Most people I know who want to read balanced reporting subscribe to other newspapers, read the internet and watch whatever television news floats their boat. I know we do.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
There have been many threads posted about the bias and poor news reporting of the Daily Sun. Most people I know who want to read balanced reporting subscribe to other newspapers, read the internet and watch whatever television news floats their boat. I know we do.
Please re-read the O.P.s post. He is complaining because it wasn't far enough right for him. That just sounds suspicious. EVERYONE knows that The Daily Sun is not a liberal paper. Most of us who live here, the majority, aren't liberal, but this post to me is pot stirring.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Sage
Default The big story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckazules View Post
On the front page of the Daily Sun is the AP article on the millions of people that marched throughout France in solidarity against Islamic/ISIS terrorism. The "tickle my ears" AP reporting missed the BIG story (no mention whatsoever) that our country failed to send a representative to one of our biggest allies. Might have to scrap my subscription. Need to know more about what's really going on in the world than what the next club is doing. How about a little more meat? It's okay...I have the drudge report & Fox news; but what about the rest of you?

It's no doubt a good idea to get a better cross representation of what's actually going on "on our planet" by reading many of the major newspapers from all over the country .......only then will you get the big story. East to west, we read them all. All major newspapers are now "online".

We, ourselves, can easily see how some of the television news reporting is slanted one way or the other. We choose to watch ALL OF THE MAJOR NEWS SHOWS to get a better representation.....

The local newspapers are great for community news, but lack world perspective......or the simple fact that everyone is coming from a different space & time, with varying opinions, based on their own life experience.

No one newspaper ; no one news......will ever tell it all.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:41 AM
Sage

Al Jazeera America unbiased reporting of global news
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
I would like it better if it was called The Chronicle or The Examiner or The Daily Horn.. Sorry. I am what I am.

I am from Ohio as you know.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:57 AM
Sage
Default It's title is misleading

Quote:

It's title is misleading. The news is simple & straightforward & unbiased. My husband actually liked Aljazeera; he's the biggest conservative going.

Now, Aljazeera in the Mideast is where we found out what really happened at our Beirut Embassy...& to our Ambassador, God rest his soul.

Some of the major news shows, such as Good Morning America have gone totally Hollywood or "Disney".......it's a huge gabfest with perhaps a few minutes of news here & there.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Please re-read the O.P.s post. He is complaining because it wasn't far enough right for him. That just sounds suspicious. EVERYONE knows that The Daily Sun is not a liberal paper. Most of us who live here, the majority, aren't liberal, but this post to me is pot stirring.
cut the person some slack....he has a right to voice his opinion...you certainly have voiced yours, that's what this forum is about
Old 01-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureout View Post
cut the person some slack....he has a right to voice his opinion...you certainly have voiced yours, that's what this forum is about

You are right. sigh.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Agree. If you want real news from around the world turn to Al Jazeera America, if you want talking heads giving us their opinions of the news watch the other three.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

My niece is an editor for AP. During a visit here she was most impressed with the Daily Sun. She took back a Friday edition to show all how thick a paper can still be. She also liked the number of AP articles in the various sections. She said that newspapers purchase the articles and when bought can change the content, if desired. But she said that even if a paper wanted to they never have the time due to printing deadlines.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Gold member

///
Old 01-12-2015, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckazules View Post
If you were a Dish customer you would only have the Drudge Report. But then again, what more do you need?
Old 01-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Platinum member

US Ambassador to France, Jane Hartley, took part in the gathering in Paris, as was the case with many nations across the world.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.