Daily Sun usual media bias

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckazules View Post
On the front page of the Daily Sun is the AP article on the millions of people that marched throughout France in solidarity against Islamic/ISIS terrorism. The "tickle my ears" AP reporting missed the BIG story (no mention whatsoever) that our country failed to send a representative to one of our biggest allies. Might have to scrap my subscription. Need to know more about what's really going on in the world than what the next club is doing. How about a little more meat? It's okay...I have the drudge report & Fox news; but what about the rest of you?
our country failed to send a representative to one of our biggest allies.
Help me remember when people were talking about "freedom fries" and why? Now you want to think of France as our BFF? My oh my, how times change.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrod View Post
our country failed to send a representative to one of our biggest allies.
Help me remember when people were talking about "freedom fries" and why? Now you want to think of France as our BFF? My oh my, how times change.
Talk about changing times.... German Chancellor Angela Merkel was there. The French would be speaking German if it wasn't for us.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

South Florida French-Americans rally at Bayfront Park - WSVN-TV - 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco

There were rallies in the US showing support for freedom of speech.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Eternal Member

Very interesting 1st. post. Political.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Talk about changing times.... German Chancellor Angela Merkel was there. The French would be speaking German if it wasn't for us.
And many of them know that and appreciate what we did for them that day on Normandy Beach. I'll never forget sitting across the dinner table a few years ago with a couple, both French schoolteachers, who hosted me as a guest in their home. The husband proceeded to tell me, with tears in his eyes, how indebted he felt to our country and how grieved he was by the loss of so many young American lives that day in 1944, but as he said, if not for them and that day, France would not even exist. Also, on the train ride from Paris to their home, the group I was with were "entertained" by a rowdy bunch of young fellows who appeared to be in a party mood and imbibing in a few drinks from the bar. Come to find out they were French navy men who were just coming home from a tour of duty. After exchanging our stories, including why we were there, they proceeded to tell us how much they loved Americans and went so far as to present to our tour guide the flag that they had brought home with them. It was a very emotional experience. I cannot help but feel that we let down our French friends by not having more of an official presence at yesterday's event in Paris.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

people who post for the first time are usually on some path to either gain knowledge or compliment what they have experienced in TV.

When the very first post is one like this it smells very much like bait to me.

They saw the comparable headline story on Drudge report this AM and were inspired to do some trolling!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
people who post for the first time are usually on some path to either gain knowledge or compliment what they have experienced in TV.

They saw the comparable headline story on Drudge report this AM and were inspired to do some trolling!

You are right once again. AND I think I know who it is.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

OP, Welcome to TOTV. I like posters with opinions different from mine. Stepford seniors add little to a discussion.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:

Some people have way too much unproductive time on their hands !!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckazules View Post
On the front page of the Daily Sun is the AP article on the millions of people that marched throughout France in solidarity against Islamic/ISIS terrorism. The "tickle my ears" AP reporting missed the BIG story (no mention whatsoever) that our country failed to send a representative to one of our biggest allies. Might have to scrap my subscription. Need to know more about what's really going on in the world than what the next club is doing. How about a little more meat? It's okay...I have the drudge report & Fox news; but what about the rest of you?
Every successful business has a business model that appeals to it's target audience. It appears to me that the Daily Sun is doing quite well .
Old 01-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Gold member

You can always cancel your subscription.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Agree. If you want real news from around the world turn to Al Jazeera America, if you want talking heads giving us their opinions of the news watch the other three.
And just what is it that has authenticated AL Jazeera as the the accurate, non opinonated version?

And does anyone believe that AL Jazeera does not have an agenda?

I know this is off topic but is counterpoint to a given post.

Me, I will take made in America along with my ability to seek more than one input and then reach my own conclusions.

Like I do not eat food products made in China I do not accept a middle eastern news agency for information about what is going on here at home.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
And just what is it that has authenticated AL Jazeera as the the accurate, non opinonated version?

And does anyone believe that AL Jazeera does not have an agenda?

I know this is off topic but is counterpoint to a given post.

Me, I will take made in America along with my ability to seek more than one input and then reach my own conclusions.

Like I do not eat food products made in China I do not accept a middle eastern news agency for information about what is going on here at home.
To each his own!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Gold member

Recently discovered that Centurylink is carrying OAN (One America News Network) Channel 209 in it's cable line up. They report news and identify if a program is political. There is always BBC World News too for good reporting.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:24 PM

Don't blame the Daily Sun.
They just take whatever comes across on the selected news feed and place it where ever there is space between the ads to fill in the empty spots.
Just like most others modern newspapers.
PS I read it and enjoy it every morning.
It is what it is.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.