How do you contact the people at talkofthevillages?

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Default How do you contact the people at talkofthevillages?

When I try to get on talkofthevillages.com, I am being diverted to ww2.talkofthevillages.com
and goodmayor.com (do not click on those sites) and it won't allow me to get on to talkofthevillages.com. I have tried to reboot, and have done a virus scan, and erased my link to talkofthevillages...all of which were suggest by another Villager on this site. Someone from talkofthevillages said to use the "contact" link to talk to them about his problem, but I have searched this site and can't find a "Contact" link. Therefore, I am writing on this page. This has been happening for a week...very very annoying. Several other posters have been having this same problem, so it must be coming from the talkofthevillages website. I urge talkofthevillages to correct this problem asap. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Sage

Having same trouble
Old 04-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Administrator

You can go to the bottom of any page and click the contact us. This is being reported by only some users. Are you using Century Link?
Old 04-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,105 Times in 2,233 Posts

Try deleting all of your ToTV short cuts. Go into your browser and clear the cache, and history. You may also need to reboot. Then try going the ToTV again. This appears it could be a problem on your PC, or on the DNS server that you are connecting to by your internet service.
Also, make sure your antivirus software is up to date.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

We have Comacast and it happened to us as well. However, after a week of this, it is presently back to working.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:10 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
When I try to get on talkofthevillages.com, I am being diverted to ww2.talkofthevillages.com
and goodmayor.com (do not click on those sites) and it won't allow me to get on to talkofthevillages.com. I have tried to reboot, and have done a virus scan, and erased my link to talkofthevillages...all of which were suggest by another Villager on this site. Someone from talkofthevillages said to use the "contact" link to talk to them about his problem, but I have searched this site and can't find a "Contact" link. Therefore, I am writing on this page. This has been happening for a week...very very annoying. Several other posters have been having this same problem, so it must be coming from the talkofthevillages website. I urge talkofthevillages to correct this problem asap. Thanks.
It's a common virus. Just Google it. There are solutions out there. It's not from this website.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

It would be great if someone is selling something to add a phone number. A week ago I tried to make a purchase and left messages for over 24 hours. Even though I make written contact it was sold before a response was returned. A phone number would have at least removed this purchase from my mind instead of wondering for 24 hours.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
It is the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) which are being taken advantage of by spoofers trying to use Talk of the Villages as a means of phishing for whatever their motivations are. We should be complaining to Prism Century Link now. It might have been other ISPs like Comcast that had the spoofers a few weeks ago.
I am having this same problem on Century Link and it has been going on for about four days.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
It is the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) which are being taken advantage of by spoofers trying to use Talk of the Villages as a means of phishing for whatever their motivations are. We should be complaining to Prism Century Link now. It might have been other ISPs like Comcast that had the spoofers a few weeks ago.
I am having this same problem on Century Link and it has been going on for about four days.
I sent Prism Century Link a long e-mail about this problem on Talk of The Villages - The Villages, Florida with the spoofer/phisher that they probably have on their web-site somewhere. I live with my parents so I may not be taken all that seriously so others probably should contact them as well. My father is the Prism Century Link account holder and my 224613 Project leverage only works with people who know about it and can appreciate all the pro bono very difficult work I have put into it since January 1991. Google Taltarzac725. It has demanded numerous sacrifices from my family as well as me.

I do hope we can solve this problem with the spoofer/phisher. I know they are very persistent and if one option does not work with their scams they keep trying something else. I had a particularly nasty but extremely talented troll on Findlaw for about five years when I was trying to fight for practical materials for survivors/victims of crimes accessibility in law and other libraries. This was from about late 2001 through mid-2006. My 224 613 Project is what I called it on there as well. This troll would try anything that would get a response from me no matter how despicable.
Old 04-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Sage

We have Century Link and I've not gotten on here from Saturday til just now (5:40 p.m./Tuesday) so things must have resolved. I kept getting diverted to a screen...Bizrate was one and another was a different screen. Frustrating when phishers want our information for bad things!!!
Old 04-12-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Try deleting all of your ToTV short cuts. Go into your browser and clear the cache, and history. You may also need to reboot. Then try going the ToTV again. This appears it could be a problem on your PC, or on the DNS server that you are connecting to by your internet service.
Also, make sure your antivirus software is up to date.

Hope this helps.
I'm having same problem with Ceturylink. I had the problem with both of my Windows 7 computers using IE, Chrome and Firefox. I took my laptop to Eisenhower rec center and used their WiFi and it worked fine. It's specific to Centurylink and using Wifi and only when trying to access the TOV website. When you try to log into TOV you get redirected to different phishing sites. Dumping browser cache won't help. I am able to get on TOV by turning off WiFi and using a cable to connect directly to the router. I was able to access TOV on my Android phone when connected to Centurylink WiFi.

I spoke with Centurylink support today and suggested a problem with DNS. The first level tech went and spoke with a second level tech after I described the problem. He directed me to PC support as they said there was nothing wrong with my internet connection. Before I called them I did a system restore on both Windows 7 machines, ran virus checkers and reset the router (not rebooted but reset). All to no avail. I'm glad I've read this and another thread on this problems as I know that the TOV staff and Centurylink are aware of the problem (and are hopefully working on it).

If I don't have WiFi access tomorrow I'll call Centurylink support again. It's a painful process so hopefully they will have it fixed ( or have a fix we can apply) by then.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
It's a common virus. Just Google it. There are solutions out there. It's not from this website.
Really, a common virus? I beg to differ. If you have a link or a name for this common virus I would really appreciate you posting it.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
We have Century Link and I've not gotten on here from Saturday til just now (5:40 p.m./Tuesday) so things must have resolved. I kept getting diverted to a screen...Bizrate was one and another was a different screen. Frustrating when phishers want our information for bad things!!!
Thanks for the heads up. I just tried logging onto TOV with Centurylink using WiFi and it now works!
Old 04-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Bosoxfan

Seems like a hacker is targeting our demographic because this is the only site they see to have had this problem. Although I'm not sure but I heard other ISP'S have had this same problem recently. Please if this happens to you in the future don't panic and start paying for virus removal because although it feels like you have a virus and the messages you are receiving make you think you have a virus YOU DON'T. The problem is with your Internet provider. Just call them and let them know the problems you are having.This will save you aggravation & money.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Bosoxfan

I had a service tech from Century Link here for a couple hours today.He was on the phone most of the time trying to figure out the problem. .It definitely is a problem with their Internet being spoofed, phished, or hacked. When he was leaving her felt confident that they would figure it out and apparently they have.
Closed Thread

Tags
talkofthevillages, problem, contact, link, site, talkofthevillages.com, writing, find, searched, urge, talk, asap, correct, page, website, posters, coming, happening, week, annoying, click, goodmayor.com, sites, ww2.talkofthevillages.com, diverted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.