How to post pictures the Pturner way

Old 04-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Sage

Z, I ran into the same problem. There are (were) some instructions in the FAQ that were incorrect. TH posted some instructions containing links, but I couldn't get the links to work.

I'm going to try to explain in my own words how I have posted photos on TOTV. The first thing you need to know is that you cannot upload pictures that are stored on your hard drive into TOTV. You need to upload them first to an online photo storage account.

1) Go to photobucket.com and sign up for a free account.

2) In the "My Home" tab of Photobucket, click on "Upload Images & Videos" (use Control key to select multiple photos to upload)

3) When the file(s) finishes uploading, you will be automatically taken to a page where you may add an "album" in which to store you photo(s) and give the photo(s) a title, description and tag. All of these choices are optional. You may do any and all of these things as you wish.

4) Double click on any photo to select it.

5) Place your mouse on the photo. This will make visible a menu of choices at the top of the photo.

6) Select the third menu item, "resize." This will bring up a drop down menu. Select the third choice "large (640 x 480)"

7) Optional: if you want to make any other edits to the photo, hit the second second menu item "edit" and you'll have all kinds of choices such as cropping, red eye reduction, rotating, etc.

8) When you are done resizing the photo and making any other optional edits, go to the left side of the screen and under the heading "Share this image" single click inside the box that is labeled IMG Code. When you click inside this box, a yellow box will appear that says "copied".

9) Now, go to the thread where you want to post the picture and hit "submit reply" (or start a new thread in the proper forum if you prefer).

10) Type in any intro comments and then drop down a line (enter key), right click and choose "paste". This will paste the code you copied in step 8. Now you won't see the photo, you will just see the code.

11) Optional: type a caption under the photo, if you would like.

12) Optional: hit "preview post" to see the actual photo instead of just the code.

13) Hit "sumit reply" and you're done. You did it! Congratulations!

Note: Whatever you do, do not skip step 6 or your photo will come out HUGE!

Z, if you are unable to get this to work, PM me with your phone number and I will call you and walk you through it step-by-step over the phone.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.