Please use the “Reply with Quote” function when responding to a previous comment

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2020, 07:11 PM
TOTV Moderator
Default Please use the “Reply with Quote” function when responding to a previous comment

We’re seeing many more posts that respond to another post that don’t quote the post to which they are referring. Comments like “I agree” without quoting the post that prompted that response become meaningless. Members are posting on threads throughout the day and the interval between when you see something to which you wish to respond and the moment your post shows up multiple posts can fill in the space. That makes it unclear what your post refers to and it may appear you are agreeing with a post that you do not agree with.

Simply click on Reply with Quote at the bottom of the post to which you intend to respond. That will bring up a window in which you can type your message.

Old 07-05-2020, 07:28 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
We’re seeing many more posts that respond to another post that don’t quote the post to which they are referring. Comments like “I agree” without quoting the post that prompted that response become meaningless. Members are posting on threads throughout the day and the interval between when you see something to which you wish to respond and the moment your post shows up multiple posts can fill in the space. That makes it unclear what your post refers to and it may appear you are agreeing with a post that you do not agree with.

Simply click on Reply with Quote at the bottom of the post to which you intend to respond. That will bring up a window in which you can type your message.

Thank you for your help.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-06-2020, 07:32 AM

I agree!
Old 07-06-2020, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Me too!
Old 07-06-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
I agree!

roscoguy your response caused me to actually laugh out loud...thanks!
Old 07-06-2020, 12:02 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Yuuuuuup

Thanks for the laugh!
Old 07-06-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
Yuuuuuup

Thanks for the laugh!
That's all I was going for, fellas.

(Sorry, Mod. I actually strongly agree; I just couldn't resist)
Old 07-07-2020, 06:54 AM
Default Include Quote in Reply

Quote:

The software should then auto-include.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:58 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,374 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawksin View Post
The software should then auto-include.
How would the software know which post you were referring to?
Old 07-07-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:

Dear Moderator-
Thank you. I have been wanting to post this thought for weeks! Makes a comment more understandable when we know what someone is against or for.
Also posters, please proofread your comments before posting. Use Preview Post. Sometimes spelling, thru haste or autocorrect, has turned your post into something so “coded” that I have had to get a spend time trying to decode your post and just hope I have the meaning for which you were going. I love ToTV!
Old 07-07-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:00 PM
Post Moderator’s Tip helpfull

[QUOTE=Moderator;1798521]We’re seeing many more posts that respond to another post that don’t quote the post to which they are referring. Comments like “I agree” without quoting the post that prompted that response become meaningless. Members are posting on threads throughout the day and the interval between when you see something to which you wish to respond and the moment your post shows up multiple posts can fill in the space. That makes it unclear what your post refers to and it may appear you are agreeing with a post that you do not agree with.

Moderator[/QUOTE]
Old 07-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Default Response to moderator

Quote:

Thanks for the helpful tip on responding to threads. I am a Junior member that has been following TOTV for 1 year and really enjoy this format. I am a senior resident of the Villages with very basic technical skills and appreciate any help so that I can also voice my opinions to the many helpful threads your followers post.
Closed Thread

Tags
fill, post, posts, respond, space

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.