So, why are some posts considered advertsing and others are not????????

Old 11-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Founder
Default So, why are some posts considered advertsing and others are not????????

There is a fine line between providing information to members and posting what looks like an advertisement. It's more often than not a judgment call by the administrators as to what to leave and what to remove. We do have advertisers who pay to run their banners here on TOTV. As you can see, one of them is a car dealership.

Here's an example of a post that would stay.

Question: Anyone know of a good car dealership? I may be looking to get a new car.

Answer: Yes, I bought a new car from Dave Smith Honda a few months ago and was very happy with their sales department and service. You should give them a call.

This post would get removed.

Question: Anyone know of a good car dealership? I may be looking to get a new car.

Answer: Check out Dave Smith Honda. Located at 2324 State Street, Ocala FL 929191. Phone number 800-555-3333. Dave Smith Honda has been in business for over 20 years and strives to provide the best service to their customers. They are open from 8am to 8pm seven days a week. They have specials running this weekend where you can save $2000 off the price of a new Honda. See Jim Jones in the sales department and tell him you live in The Villages. Their service department is second to none and their technicians are always available to answer questions. Tell them Bob sent you.

See the difference?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.