Troublesome neighbor

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2021, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Makes me think, we should have signs, not “no dogs please” but “your dog is welcome to toilet on my lawn” (as long as you are not renting because then it is not your lawn to give permission).
Old 10-16-2021, 02:46 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
now i have my new dog i will take down the street to the home of the guy hows dog poop on my lawn and let him poop on his lawn
Recipoopcity.
Old 10-17-2021, 05:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
It's not the dogs that are causing brown spots...

It -may- happen in an area that gets constant use by pets, but not the occasional passerby...
Our cameras pick up the Occasional passerby walking their dog.

Average Daily use of owners using our lawn for the occasional daily walk is 20. High season its worse.

Yep some don’t realize, they bought the most expensive dog park to live on. Good thing we lost our dog before we moved down she would have been beside herself, with so many using her space.

Last edited by asianthree; 10-17-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryShields View Post
Our neighbors need advice. We live in Monarch Grove and have a wonderful group of people living on our block of Gonzalez Lane. One of our neighbors is an issue. They watch people walking their dogs and remotely turn on their sprinkler system whenever people walk by. We have an elderly lady with dementia who regularly gets doused as she walks her small dog. Everyone is very respectful and picks up any dog poop. Our scared neighbors automatically move to the other side of the street. We feel stalked and sad.
I don’t like dogs using my yard for a toilet, nothing against them. Go use the dog park , that’s why they have them.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
I don’t like dogs using my yard for a toilet, nothing against them. Go use the dog park , that’s why they have them.
Dog parks are not built as dog toilets. They are built for dogs' exercise and socialization and all have pick up bags for free and cans for waste disposal. Responsible owners pick up after their dogs, even in the dog parks.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:07 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,754 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Depends on what they are doing. If they wait for the woman to walk the dog along their street in front of their house and then turn on the water from their system's controls probably in their garage and know that this woman has dementia then that is a different matter.

If it is automated to come on when there is any motion that might be a different matter. Then they are not targeting someone they should know has dementia.
Exactly ! We do seem, over the years, to get more and more "nasty" types, but, also to be fair, in our neighborhood, we have a woman who lives 3 blocks away, every single day the woman brings her two dogs to our lawn to do their business, like clock work. It is hard for us, and the other neighbor whose yard she prefers, to keep up with the yellow ammonia spots. If we and our immediate neighbors had motion detection ones, that might finally stop her and her dogs, and she might (??) decide to walk her dogs around her own house/lawn until until they "deposit" and THEN take them on a walk elsewhere ! To deliberately do such things IF one knows the individual walking the dog(s) is mentally challenged... quite another story, what goes around might come around one day to them ! In this case I do think she knows exactly what she is going, we've watched her stop dead, let out a retractable leash, and encourage the dog onto the same lawn every day while she stands in the street, looking around nonchalantly, "pretending" not to notice her dogs are on someone else's property. It takes all kinds to make a village... LOL.. and we have a few who are so "tone deaf"... you have to shrug and ignore as much as possible. Humans ???? Be kind, and for heaven's sake, be respectful ! If a person is obviously impaired, then someone must try to help. She really should not be walking alone, dog or not ? ? Maybe ?
Old 10-26-2021, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,494 Posts
Default Dog parks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
Dog parks are not built as dog toilets. They are built for dogs' exercise and socialization and all have pick up bags for free and cans for waste disposal. Responsible owners pick up after their dogs, even in the dog parks.
That may be, but it is expected that dogs will do their business there because of all the incentives from other dog scents. Also, if it was not expected there would not be bags and bins for waste disposal.
Neighbors yards, with few if any exceptions, don't generally supply the bags and bins because their homes were not designed to be used as public toilets by the neighborhood dogs.
Old 10-26-2021, 05:59 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
That may be, but it is expected that dogs will do their business there because of all the incentives from other dog scents. Also, if it was not expected there would not be bags and bins for waste disposal.
Neighbors yards, with few if any exceptions, don't generally supply the bags and bins because their homes were not designed to be used as public toilets by the neighborhood dogs.
Again, dog parks were not built as toilets.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,494 Posts
Default Again

Quote:
I agree, in part, but it is expected and provided for. The neighbor's home also was not built as a toilet and is not or should not be expected to be used as a toilet by neighborhood dogs.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:

Yes they are..........
Old 10-27-2021, 07:46 AM

get marth balls and put them down for a week or two and the dog will move on and du it to day
Old 10-27-2021, 08:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life as I know it View Post
You did not state if the water from the sprinklers are going into the road spraying the walkers or just spraying onto the owners property. There are little signs that can be put out there that say “No dogs on lawn”.
Better et, just pretend there is a car parked in front of his house and walk around it.
Remember it is his property, not everyone loves dogs…..
Don’t think we’re getting the whole story, got to be more to this.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:00 AM
Sage

Better yet, buy one of those high powered water guns and fill it with urine. Then when a dog enters your yard, give it a bit of a taste of what your lawn endures. That would be a minor thing considering what those dogs usually leave behind for someone to clean up. Love dogs and had them for half my life, but dog owners don't seem to understand the responsibility of pet ownership. Interesting how presumptuous pet owners can be.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Better yet, buy one of those high powered water guns and fill it with urine. Then when a dog enters your yard, give it a bit of a taste of what your lawn endures. That would be a minor thing considering what those dogs usually leave behind for someone to clean up. Love dogs and had them for half my life, but dog owners don't seem to understand the responsibility of pet ownership. Interesting how presumptuous pet owners can be.
A passive aggressive solution could be to plant a hedge of thorny shrubs along the border of the road (between the lawn and the street that people walk on). Nothing needs to be said. It is quite possible that you may be confronted by a dog owner who feels you have prevented their dog from their favorite bathroom. Crazy world.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
A passive aggressive solution could be to plant a hedge of thorny shrubs along the border of the road (between the lawn and the street that people walk on). Nothing needs to be said. It is quite possible that you may be confronted by a dog owner who feels you have prevented their dog from their favorite bathroom. Crazy world.

The problem with that idea is that the whole issue is preventing damage to the image of your front lawn. A thorny hedge would solve the problem but is probably not quite the curb appeal one is looking for.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, dog, neighbors, walks, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.