Troublesome neighbor

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2021, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
A passive aggressive solution could be to plant a hedge of thorny shrubs along the border of the road (between the lawn and the street that people walk on). Nothing needs to be said. It is quite possible that you may be confronted by a dog owner who feels you have prevented their dog from their favorite bathroom. Crazy world.
Good luck getting that passed by the ARC...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-27-2021, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Good luck getting that passed by the ARC...
Remember the saying, "good fences make good neighbors"? Well, since we can't have fences we have some rude, disrespectful and self-important self-entitled individuals who will not respect the homes and property of others. " I pick it up" is often a euphonium for "I will pick up the larger portion of waste after trespassing to drop it there in the first place". Not your property, keep off!
But this dog crap issue is really just a smoke screen IMHO. OP's real agenda here is/was to embarrass a neighbor they dislike for trying to defend his yard. First a poor old lady with dementia, may not actually have dementia. The "bad neighbors" are stalking everyone, or maybe not be, stalking .... From their own yard? After all is said and done it seems that 1: the poor old lady who may or may not have dementia isn't getting any one to help her exercise her dog even though she sounds like she needs it. 2: the details, street, village, etc make it pretty clear this is an attempt to point fingers without actually naming names. 3: "bad neighbor" is just trying to protect his yard, keep others from trespassing and using his yard as a dog toilet. How? With water, non-lethal, plain old water.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default Come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Make them? Do you own a dog? Yes, you can have the "do their business" before you set out for a walk. But if you're walking them for more than 15-20 minutes, they stop and do it again...
Only if YOU let them. 8 dogs have shared my life and home. No dog a present. Dogs "sniff, snoop, pee and poop" at home. Walk was for exercise. Short leash, walk side by side, head held up, steady pace, proud and happy dog. Think treadmill if you like, but this is exercise. A stroll with an extendible leash where dog wanders here and there, sniffing and snooping searching for scents that advertise toilet locations is not a walk, it is a search for toilet stops. If, on a walk (a real walk, not a pretend one) dog absolutely unable to hold it, let it go in the gutter then you pick it up and finish walk. Good brisk wasp is heathy for dog and owner.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:07 AM

Villagers don't take their dog for a walk.
In The Villages, the dog takes the oldster for a walk.
No commands, no heeling, no leash control. Just meandering around following Fido.

Villagers aren't even smart enough to know which side of the street to walk on. They also don't know when to use a sidewalk.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:49 AM

my neighbor wont stop his dog from poping on my lawn so i just put it in the street in front of his home
Closed Thread

Tags
people, dog, neighbors, walks, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.