Troublesome neighbor

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2021, 05:59 AM

I think the message here is simple. the person is sick of other peoples dogs, crapping on their lawn. picking up is not the excuse for letting your dog do it. why can't the dogs, go on their own lawns? it is not ok to let them do it, and pick it up. I don't care what issues the people have. it is absolutley wrong. I say, water that lawn and if that is what it takes, then so be it.
and don't give me this easement crap either. there is no excuse...
Old 10-10-2021, 06:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agjaret@aol.com View Post
Where are people supposed to walk their dogs? There aren’t sidewalks.
I love dogs. Don't have one. Where are people supposed to walk their dog? Not my problem and using my yard for a toilet is quite unacceptable. Who is engaging in the transgression here?
Old 10-10-2021, 06:10 AM

As for the dogs on lawns... that is a big no no.

Very easy fix.
Go buy a plant sprayer /hudson sprayer.
Fill it with water.
Make sure you get out there in full view and spray the hell out of the easement daily as they approach.

Give the illusion of putting down chemicals.
Problem solved.

Add to the deception.... place an empty bottle of Roundup on the drive way like it is being used.

You will be amazed ........ People are sheep
Old 10-10-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
I think the message here is simple. the person is sick of other peoples dogs, crapping on their lawn. picking up is not the excuse for letting your dog do it. why can't the dogs, go on their own lawns? it is not ok to let them do it, and pick it up. I don't care what issues the people have. it is absolutley wrong. I say, water that lawn and if that is what it takes, then so be it.
I agree! Lots of people who don’t have dogs take pride in their lawn and spend a lot to keep it looking nice. If people with dogs use somebody’s lawn for a toilet that is not fare. I doubt the owners are sitting there waiting for someone to toilet their dog on their lawn. The system is on a sensor. Dog owners should toilet their dogs on their own lawns and not someone else’s lawn.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
On their own property.
In the dog parks
Old 10-10-2021, 06:27 AM

Here’s an idea…talk to the neighbor whose sprinkler goes off. We don’t seem to communicate with each other anymore. It could be a completely innocent thing and yet we take it to social media to make accusations.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Depends on what they are doing. If they wait for the woman to walk the dog along their street in front of their house and then turn on the water from their system's controls probably in their garage and know that this woman has dementia then that is a different matter.

If it is automated to come on when there is any motion that might be a different matter. Then they are not targeting someone they should know has dementia.
Maybe it’s just me. Maybe the way I look 👀 at this is foolish. SHE SHOULDN’T BE WALKING A DOG ALONE IF SHE SUFFERS FROM Dementia.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
Absolutely correct. Our dog is NEVER allowed to use someone else's yard. He uses only our back yard and we pick it up. Period. If we walk around Silver Lake, it gets picked up. Not everyone is courteous about that either and it's a shame. Walk your dog around your own yard, then take it for a friendly stroll to meet the neighbors.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:04 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryShields View Post
Our neighbors need advice. We live in Monarch Grove and have a wonderful group of people living on our block of Gonzalez Lane. One of our neighbors is an issue. They watch people walking their dogs and remotely turn on their sprinkler system whenever people walk by. We have an elderly lady with dementia who regularly gets doused as she walks her small dog. Everyone is very respectful and picks up any dog poop. Our scared neighbors automatically move to the other side of the street. We feel stalked and sad.
Just go talk to them. Explain what they are going. I have found being direct and respectful gets to where you want to go.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:05 AM
Default Simple solution

Walk on the other side of the street

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryShields View Post
Our neighbors need advice. We live in Monarch Grove and have a wonderful group of people living on our block of Gonzalez Lane. One of our neighbors is an issue. They watch people walking their dogs and remotely turn on their sprinkler system whenever people walk by. We have an elderly lady with dementia who regularly gets doused as she walks her small dog. Everyone is very respectful and picks up any dog poop. Our scared neighbors automatically move to the other side of the street. We feel stalked and sad.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
Hi, I see you’re a junior member. I should let you know, some of the regulars on this site are sort of rude and will always side with the person the OP is complaining about. I watch it all the time and it’s always like the same 5 people. Just so you know. Have a great day and I would advise walking on the opposite side of the street.
Um... They actually joined this site a year before you did...

"Junior Member" only refers to the # of posts one has...

Those who are more "chatty" (like me) will move up in the rankings quite quickly...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-10-2021, 07:09 AM

If your neighbor doesn't want dogs in his yard that is his right. I don't want them in mine, either. Why do dog owners think everyone's yards are bathroom for their dogs. Why can't they use their own yard and just walk their dog if they feel the need. There are also dog parks. Believe it or not, not everyone loves your dog like you think they do.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life as I know it View Post
You did not state if the water from the sprinklers are going into the road spraying the walkers or just spraying onto the owners property. There are little signs that can be put out there that say “No dogs on lawn”.
Better et, just pretend there is a car parked in front of his house and walk around it.
Remember it is his property, not everyone loves dogs…..
The "Trolls" will file a complaint about the "No Dogs" or "No Pooping" signs... It happened to our neighbors across the street...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-10-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Dog parks exist. The issue isn't walking your dog it is using the bathroom in someone's yard OTHER THAN THE DOG OWNERS.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:13 AM

people try to justify that it is ok as long as I pick it up? well, it is not. they won't accept that. and the excuses are great. "I'll pick it up." " there are no sidewalks", and on and on. they deliberately let their dog, go on other peoples property. my dog goes on his own lawn. if I walk him, and I think he is lining up for a big one, I make him do it on the street, and pick it up there. does anyone have a problem with my dog going on the street as opposed to someones private property, as long as I pick it up?
it's like the gun argument. it's not the gun, it's the person holding it. it's not the dog, it's the person holding it.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, dog, neighbors, walks, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.