Irs delays tax deadlines for irma victims

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2017, 07:38 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Irs delays tax deadlines for irma victims

Taxpayers affected by Hurricane Irma are getting a reprieve from meeting certain filing deadlines.

The Internal Revenue Service announced today that individuals who make quarterly estimated tax payments have until Jan. 31, 2018 to make the payments that would have been due this Friday, Sept. 15, and Jan. 16, 2018.

Additionally, if you filed for an extension on your 2016 returns, the deadline for getting in your paperwork is extended to Jan. 31 instead of Oct. 16. If you owed money to the IRS, you'll still be on the hook for a late-payment penalty and interest, however, because 2016 payments were due months ago, on April 18. The delay also applies to those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
The IRS said people affected by Irma in parts of Florida (including Sumter, Lake & Marion counties), Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands are currently eligible for deadline and payment relief.

Call Bob Bloom CPA 425 941 5224 to discuss your tax needs. Taking appointments now. Please check TOTV for recommendations on my services. I have a boutique CPA practice where I come to your home and meet with you, and then I take your information, complete your tax return and bring it back to you. My prices are reasonable, my services prompt, and I am a licensed in Florida after having my own CPA practice in Seattle for over 35 years.

Bob Bloom CPA 425 941 5224
bobbloomcpa@aol.com
Closed Thread

Tags
tax, cpa, affected, irma, payments

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.