Time to book for your pre-tax season consultation and strategic tax planning

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2018, 06:52 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Time to book for your pre-tax season consultation and strategic tax planning

It's time to call for a meet and greet if you are looking for a new CPA. I am still accepting clients and seeing them now, in order to plan the best strategy for completing their 2018 return when February comes. Please do not wait until tax season to call, as I want to be able to help you before I close off taking new clients once I am in the midst of completing returns. I will meet with you in the privacy of your home. Call me at 425 941 5224 to book a time to meet and decide if you want to work together. Reasonably priced, professional, trustworthy and knowledgeable. I have many references here on Talk of The Villages and would be pleased to speak with you and book a time to talk about your specific tax needs. I am a Village resident and previously had my own large tax practice in Seattle for over 35 years. I love my work, cherish my clients, and find joy in ensuring you are planning for the best outcomes for your tax situation. Bob Bloom CPA bobbloomcpa@aol.com
425 941 5224
Old 10-22-2018, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

I thought the Government said that taxes will be simple this year, and that you can file them on a post card?
Old 10-22-2018, 07:13 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

For those who do not itemize and have no need to look at strategic planning, you may find the new return to be easy to do yourself. I do not believe there is any postcard however, to the best of my knowledge.
My clients tend to want to do annual tax planning, and enjoy having the professional expertise, input and advice for their personal situation(s) and for looking forward to ensure they are doing everything possible for the best outcome on their return.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:56 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Those who have reached the RMD age, and make charitable donations, might want to make sure they understand the QCD.

Understanding the effect of the QCD on the AGI can be important in tax planning. There might even be a couple of people who are trying not to cross the Medicare premium threshold when the RMD kicks in.

The QCD has to be done exactly right. The donation must be made directly to the qualified charity. Donor Advised Fund contributions will not qualify as a QCD. Keeping careful records of donations is crucial.

The QCD can be especially important to know about if you give up itemizing for the first time in a long time.

Warning: I am not a CPA or an accountant or anything financial. In fact, in that other thread about movies, I just revealed that when I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be "Our Miss Brooks."

I happen to think tax-planning this year could be really important. If you think you do not know everything and something could slip through the cracks, you might want to get some advice or at least do a little reading on the topic.

I have a friend who is one of Bob Bloom's clients and recommends him highly. It might be well worth it to have a discussion with him while there is still time to plan more effectively if you need to.

Whatever you do about your taxes, do your homework. The aforementioned postcards could end up being "Postcards from the 'Edge."
Old 10-22-2018, 03:01 PM
Gold member

Bob, do we need to talk or are we good?

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 10-22-2018, 04:28 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Nice to hear from you! I am sending you an email.
Closed Thread

Tags
tax, time, meet, clients, book

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.