Access To Other’s Accounts

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2020, 09:19 AM
Default Access To Other’s Accounts

I no longer live in The Villages and have not posted in years. The last time I logged in was December 2016.

However I still occasionally read the posts, but not as a logged in member. In the past few days when I have clicked on various posts to read it shows I am logged in as various different members with access to everything in their accounts including private messages.

This morning I was reading the post about bad drivers and it showed I was logged in as GracieGirl.

Admins, you have a major issue to look into.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

You are not the only one.

"Talk" has a bug...........it's flu season for them too.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Yeah this is a serious security issue, if people have access to other accounts including private messages, login info, ability to change profile info, etc.

I haven't had this occur, but it makes me wonder if anyone else has been able to log in as me, and just hasn't told me yet.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
I no longer live in The Villages and have not posted in years. The last time I logged in was December 2016.

However I still occasionally read the posts, but not as a logged in member. In the past few days when I have clicked on various posts to read it shows I am logged in as various different members with access to everything in their accounts including private messages.

This morning I was reading the post about bad drivers and it showed I was logged in as GracieGirl.

Admins, you have a major issue to look into.
I receive TOTV news via email and it addressed this issue..... they are aware and working on same........
Old 02-11-2020, 02:37 PM
Administrator

We will look into this. Anyone with this issue please contact us by clicking the link at the bottom of the page so we can get specific information.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
We will look into this. Anyone with this issue please contact us by clicking the link at the bottom of the page so we can get specific information.
I think this is what Boomer was talking about a few days ago.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:08 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think this is what Boomer was talking about a few days ago.
You are right as far as it went. I don’t know about the PM access this OP mentioned though because I don’t do much with PMs. In all my years here my PMs have been few and far between. But it sure is especially creepy to think that people could have accidental access to others’ PMs. (If I were someone with a stack of PMs, this would creep me out enough to make me keep up with deleting, which is what I have always done anyway, after the communication is finished.)

My issue was when I logged in there were two different posters’ names appearing where mine should have been. I did PM each of them to let them know. Nice posters, both, but we seemed to be caught in some weird cyberspace crossed wires thing.

Also, sometimes I think I have logged out only to see hours or a day or so later that my green light has stayed on.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:56 PM
Administrator

This issue is now resolved. If you experience anything further please click the contact us at the bottom of the page.
Closed Thread

Tags
logged, posts, read, access, accounts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.