Confused Millennial

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2018, 08:32 AM
Default Confused Millennial

As one of those infamous "Millennial", you'd think I'd now how to navigate this site, but you guys need to do some serious updating

I get so lost maneuvering. The profile set ups are confusing. I just tried to PM someone about a product they sell, and I couldn't find the button. Maybe they have a privacy setting in place, I don't know, but that would be weird for what they were advertising. Same with viewing photo albums. Why show the albums on the homepage, if you can't view them when you go to their profile? Plus the ad placements drive me bonkers. I can't count how many times I've accidentally clicked an ad trying to click somewhere else because the screen loaded strangely. I understand the purpose of ads, that's how you make money, I just think they could be placed differently, On the side bar, preferably.
Also, I recommend a separate tab for the forums. I think it would be easier to navigate rather than scrolling down the homepage, especially since there's SO MUCH already going on there, with the ads, the message board, New Posts, Hot Topics, etc.
Not complaining, necessarily. This is the suggestion forum, of course!

On the positive, these 90s-2000s smileys are fantastic! Bring back some good old forum memories LOL

But, for an old site format, you're doing a pretty good job! So, props for that!
Old 02-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

///
Old 02-09-2018, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amb3rTastic View Post
As one of those infamous "Millennial", you'd think I'd now how to navigate this site, but you guys need to do some serious updating

I get so lost maneuvering. The profile set ups are confusing. I just tried to PM someone about a product they sell, and I couldn't find the button. Maybe they have a privacy setting in place, I don't know, but that would be weird for what they were advertising. Same with viewing photo albums. Why show the albums on the homepage, if you can't view them when you go to their profile? Plus the ad placements drive me bonkers. I can't count how many times I've accidentally clicked an ad trying to click somewhere else because the screen loaded strangely. I understand the purpose of ads, that's how you make money, I just think they could be placed differently, On the side bar, preferably.
Also, I recommend a separate tab for the forums. I think it would be easier to navigate rather than scrolling down the homepage, especially since there's SO MUCH already going on there, with the ads, the message board, New Posts, Hot Topics, etc.
Not complaining, necessarily. This is the suggestion forum, of course!

On the positive, these 90s-2000s smileys are fantastic! Bring back some good old forum memories LOL

But, for an old site format, you're doing a pretty good job! So, props for that!
Just to keep you up on things Amber who in this morning's post was wishing for a Home Depot, A Sam's Club, a Joann's Fabric and a Target. We do have them you know.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Just to keep you up on things Amber who in this morning's post was wishing for a Home Depot, A Sam's Club, a Joann's Fabric and a Target. We do have them you know.
....I meant ANOTHER one...I know we have one. I worked at Joanns. I was talking about building them in another location to help ease the traffic in Lady Lake.

But thanks for that.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amb3rTastic View Post
....I meant ANOTHER one...I know we have one. I worked at Joanns. I was talking about building them in another location to help ease the traffic in Lady Lake.

But thanks for that.
How this works is; The companies that own the above businesses have got to WANT to open another location here and then I am sure that the commercial part of The Villages will be glad to build a building to lease to them. OR they can acquire land and contract a building on their own. To open a new location is not done lightly, but because large corporations have been given a lesser Federal Tax in the last month, it is more likely that we will see growth here of the kind you want and new jobs created as well, and more millennials too.

We have two amazing grandchildren who are millennials. Please don't think I am picking on millennials.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
How this works is; The companies that own the above businesses have got to WANT to open another location here and then I am sure that the commercial part of The Villages will be glad to build a building to lease to them. OR they can acquire land and contract a building on their own. To open a new location is not done lightly, but because large corporations have been given a lesser Federal Tax in the last month, it is more likely that we will see growth here of the kind you want and new jobs created as well, and more millennials too.

We have two amazing grandchildren who are millennials. Please don't think I am picking on millennials.
I understand how it works. I worked as a manager for Joanns, it was part of my training learning the corporate ropes. I also know that it is possible for them to request them. Whether or not the company decides yes or no, that's on them, but with the growing demographic in the area, it's definitely beneficial for them in the long run. I get that it's more complicated than just saying "please", I'm just making a point that that's what this area needs. It'll definitely help with the traffic in LL and Summerfield.

I understand your points, don't worry, I'm not easily offended!!

Tags
profile, albums, forum, good, ads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.