How About a Daily Posting Limit?

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2020, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts
Default How About a Daily Posting Limit?

How about placing a limit on how many times a person can post in one day?

People would have to prioritize what they really feel is important and use their limited posts to convey that message. It would also cut down on the incessant bickering that we have going on right now.

We would also see far fewer wasted posts such as: Yep, Nailed It, Wow! I agree, etc.. That's what the Mods installed the "Thanks" function for.

As far as how many posts a day is appropriate? Maybe 15? Maybe more? Maybe less?

I know this site is monetarily driven by advertising and the more clicks they get the more they get paid. But if the current toxic atmosphere we're in right now were toned down maybe people would start coming back to the site and actually increase its traffic..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 06-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Ditto
Old 06-09-2020, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Great idea. Couple it with an interlock breath analyzer for the evening and late night crowd.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Ditto
I knew I forgot one..

Old 06-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
0 But if the current toxic atmosphere we're in right now were toned down maybe people would start coming back to the site and actually increase its traffic..
Have to agree the mood of the board has changed. Way too many veiled political posts are being left to stand.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

They say ones mind is the first thing to go
Old 06-09-2020, 02:48 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

I fell that limiting anyone's ability to express themselves to be offensive. As long as posters are 'playing by the rules' let them 'speak'! If a post is breaking a rule or rules - report the post and let a Mod/Admin make that call.

Old 06-09-2020, 03:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
I fell that limiting anyone's ability to express themselves to be offensive. As long as posters are 'playing by the rules' let them 'speak'! If a post is breaking a rule or rules - report the post and let a Mod/Admin make that call.
I certainly meant no offense. But don't you find it tiresome when someone states the same opinion ad nauseum up to 50 times a day? Heck, even if I agree with their position it gets old.

But my main focus was to try and reduce the toxic atmosphere we have right now. Right now this site is operating in the same vein as the old Political Forum..

Old 06-09-2020, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
I certainly meant no offense. But don't you find it tiresome when someone states the same opinion ad nauseum up to 50 times a day? Heck, even if I agree with their position it gets old.

But my main focus was to try and reduce the toxic atmosphere we have right now. Right now this site is operating in the same vein as the old Political Forum..
It's the same Vein because it's the same. Ah, forget it! Almost got me. Almost broke a rule.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
At one point the posts were mainly for fun. The NOTHING Thread was born when the Political Thread was put to sleep.

The Mindless Posts in The NOTHING Thread weren't mean spirited for the most part.

Stop by, give it a try. Beats Fact, Figures, Links Etc.
I just did upthread and was able to use the word NOTHING 5 times in 4 sentences.

I have to admit I feel pretty proud.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Nobody HAS to read all the posts. I drop in and out during the day when I have down time. I know the posters I don't want to hear from, I avoid their posts. I think it is a good thing to have chat boards like this, allows some of the over the top people to get it off their minds.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-09-2020, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Nobody HAS to read all the posts. I drop in and out during the day when I have down time. I know the posters I don't want to hear from, I avoid their posts. I think it is a good thing to have chat boards like this, allows some of the over the top people to get it off their minds.
Excellent advice. Apparently some people this there is a requirement to read each post.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Some posters would be better off on twitter with their endless back and forth chatter. I like the 15 limit and not 15 per thread.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:

The eliminating of the political forum wound up punishing the majority because of a few.

My vote is to reign in the few to reduce the toxic posting. They are readily recognized and easy to curtail.

Let's have the majority win one for a change!!
Old 06-09-2020, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The eliminating of the political forum wound up punishing the majority because of a few.

My vote is to reign in the few to reduce the toxic posting. They are readily recognized and easy to curtail.

Let's have the majority win one for a change!!
Gonna need help from you know who. And it’s more than a few!

Tags
posts, limit, site, people, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.