How About a Daily Posting Limit?

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2020, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,036 Times in 5,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Gonna need help from you know who. And it’s more than a few!
I am new here and lately post more than most. Have nothing much to do during the day so find the various posts of interest and have learned pretty much which are interesting and informative to me and which to skip over.

Would think that when things return to normal most of us will have other ways to amuse ourselves.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
How about placing a limit on how many times a person can post in one day?

People would have to prioritize what they really feel is important and use their limited posts to convey that message. It would also cut down on the incessant bickering that we have going on right now.

We would also see far fewer wasted posts such as: Yep, Nailed It, Wow! I agree, etc.. That's what the Mods installed the "Thanks" function for.

As far as how many posts a day is appropriate? Maybe 15? Maybe more? Maybe less?

I know this site is monetarily driven by advertising and the more clicks they get the more they get paid. But if the current toxic atmosphere we're in right now were toned down maybe people would start coming back to the site and actually increase its traffic..
I like the idea. Need to clear out the political discussion that does nothing.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:52 AM
Veteran member

Another discussion board I'm on has a rule that if others can deduce your political views from a comment, it's considered to be political and deleted. It's a more narrowly focused entertainment site (movies / TV / music / books), but on the whole, I appreciate strict moderation.

If there are folks here who often have posts deleted or are given other penalties, perhaps a good examination of conscience is needed. It should not be difficult to obey a few rules, but this thread is proof that some cannot stop themselves from slinging mud directly at other posters.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:04 AM

Perfect idea
Old 06-10-2020, 05:22 AM

Yes
I barely go on the site , because it’s become a personal blog for a few . Kind of funny when some have a comment and expertise on everything. Very sad
Old 06-10-2020, 05:25 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Nobody HAS to read all the posts. I know the posters I don't want to hear from, I avoid their posts.

Yepper
Old 06-10-2020, 05:27 AM

Is this about being on this site for 1,500 days and have over 10,000 posts?
Old 06-10-2020, 05:39 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredpopcorn@gmail.com View Post
Yes
I barely go on the site , because it’s become a personal blog for a few . Kind of funny when some have a comment and expertise on everything. Very sad
I just read the titles and skip most of the threads because I know most of them are just going to be nasty.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I certainly meant no offense. But don't you find it tiresome when someone states the same opinion ad nauseum up to 50 times a day? Heck, even if I agree with their position it gets old.

But my main focus was to try and reduce the toxic atmosphere we have right now. Right now this site is operating in the same vein as the old Political Forum..
My feeling is that the current moderators are lettings things go to far.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:39 AM

I always heard it was the second thing to go - but I don't remember what was the first
Old 06-10-2020, 06:51 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

toxicity is today's social spacing,,, today our country's reaping the harvest from seeds sown by another
Old 06-10-2020, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Good morning ........ well, against my better judgement, and because it is so damned humid, I decided to read through this thread from beginning to end. My conclusion is that the great majority of you posting on this board are allowing just ONE poster to drive you all crazy. The majority of you are behaving rather like annoying children who are intent on having the last word. I presume most of you have lead productive lives in various ways, but now in your near dotage you are behaving like children. This particular poster is able to get a "rise" out of many of you without even trying. When my brother and I would start "going" at each other my mother would say "if you cannot behave in a civilized manner, don't say anything at all" It's good advice.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-10-2020, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredpopcorn@gmail.com View Post
Yes

Old 06-10-2020, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Good morning ........ well, against my better judgement, and because it is so damned humid, I decided to read through this thread from beginning to end. My conclusion is that the great majority of you posting on this board are allowing just ONE poster to drive you all crazy. The majority of you are behaving rather like annoying children who are intent on having the last word. I presume most of you have lead productive lives in various ways, but now in your near dotage you are behaving like children. This particular poster is able to get a "rise" out of many of you without even trying. When my brother and I would start "going" at each other my mother would say "if you cannot behave in a civilized manner, don't say anything at all" It's good advice.
Rutrow, now you're going to be a target also.

But kudos to ya...for speaking the truth.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,036 Times in 5,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
Is this about being on this site for 1,500 days and have over 10,000 posts?
Or allow posters to start no more than 1 or 2 threads per week. That would certainly slow some people down.
Closed Thread

Tags
posts, limit, site, people, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.