How About a Daily Posting Limit?

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage

I just think it’s funny that certain posters repeat ad nauseum certain spiels just for the purpose of drawing attention to themselves and riling up other forum members.

Hard to imagine they actually believe everything they spout!
Old 06-10-2020, 08:02 AM

Hence, the reason I never wanted to be a ‘boss’ and sit in those awful meetings where attendees feel they ALL have to make the same comments, ad nauseum, on the agenda items! Ugh!
Old 06-10-2020, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I just think it’s funny that certain posters repeat ad nauseum certain spiels just for the purpose of drawing attention to themselves and riling up other forum members.

What's even "funnier" (sad funny) is watching the swarms hone in on and attack anyone who doesn't toe the majority line and then label it..."riling up?"

Why is it there's almost zero condemnation, by their like-minded ilk...of that attempted suppression?

That was, of course...a rhetorical question.

Let's also not forget those who want anyone with a contrary view to theirs, banned from the site and then they become obsessed with said "dissenters/enemy"...when their wishes aren't granted.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
How about placing a limit on how many times a person can post in one day?

People would have to prioritize what they really feel is important and use their limited posts to convey that message. It would also cut down on the incessant bickering that we have going on right now.

We would also see far fewer wasted posts such as: Yep, Nailed It, Wow! I agree, etc.. That's what the Mods installed the "Thanks" function for.

As far as how many posts a day is appropriate? Maybe 15? Maybe more? Maybe less?

I know this site is monetarily driven by advertising and the more clicks they get the more they get paid. But if the current toxic atmosphere we're in right now were toned down maybe people would start coming back to the site and actually increase its traffic..
So what you are requesting is actually censorship. Let me say it again, do you want to censor the usage on these threads. That is not the purpose of these threads.

Instead of a smiley face, some of us like to post a simple thank you comment concerning the article.

I for one do not want to see censorship and restriction of replies/comments.

This is my first post of the day but rest assured there will be many more depending upon how interested I am in the articles.

Remember -- wear her mask TODAY in order to avoid wearing a respirator TOMORROW!!!
Old 06-10-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Perhaps it’s only certain posters that are offensive to some people’s taste , care to share ????
Old 06-10-2020, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

People would have to prioritize what they really feel is important and use their limited posts to convey that message. It would also cut down on the incessant bickering that we have going on right now.

We would also see far fewer wasted posts such as: Yep, Nailed It, Wow! I agree, etc.. That's what the Mods installed the "Thanks" function for.

As far as how many posts a day is appropriate? Maybe 15? Maybe more? Maybe less?

I know this site is monetarily driven by advertising and the more clicks they get the more they get paid. But if the current toxic atmosphere we're in right now were toned down maybe people would start coming back to the site and actually increase its traffic..
Not a bad thought but then we would need to go through the new posts, rank them, then decide which ones we want to go back to comment on. And we may not be able to reply if someone has asked us a question but we've run out of posts. I do like the idea of people toning it down though. Unfortunately for the moderator they play a role in this as well since some choose not to cooperate. Glad to see the recent post by thomp679 who I assume is a moderator.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
Or allow posters to start no more than 1 or 2 threads per week. That would certainly slow some people down.
That's the best I idea I've heard yet!!

Old 06-10-2020, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post

But they always add a link to some expert(?). Over and over...….
Old 06-10-2020, 11:56 AM
Default Post

Come on man, i think thst is a little over reach.
Your thoughts would put restrictions on our forst ammendment.

Quote:

Old 06-10-2020, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
Come on man, I think this is a little over reach.

Your thoughts would put restrictions on our first amendment.
Overreach and an attempt to control the general agenda here...by restricting conflicting views?

No doubt about it.

A 1A issue?

No, not really, because this is a private site whereby the owners...have the right to set the rules.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Some posts (and poster's) annoy me, as I'm sure mine annoy others.

But to suggest limiting the amount of posts a user can make, not to mention seeking to have specific people banned, is absolutely ludicrous.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The eliminating of the political forum wound up punishing the majority because of a few.

My vote is to reign in the few to reduce the toxic posting. They are readily recognized and easy to curtail.

Let's have the majority win one for a change!!
Political forums are a waste of hot air and digital space. Posters are not going to change any minds and just end up preaching to the choir.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

Are some of you hesitant to use the ignore feature? Is it FOMO? I have quite a few posters on mine and it's a real boon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Some posts (and posters) annoy me, as I'm sure mine annoy others.
Exactly. I assume the same and don't take anonymous online comments personally.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:26 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Political forums are a waste of hot air and digital space. Posters are not going to change any minds and just end up preaching to the choir.

True, true, very true.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:44 PM
Default Ummm . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Some posters would be better off on twitter with their endless back and forth chatter. I like the 15 limit and not 15 per thread.
I wonder if there are such people as Professional Posters. From my observation, it seems that a significant number of people post as if they were bored with everything else and have to find an escape. Then there are some who appear to be combative or rigidly aggressive about others who do not agree with them since they respond so much to so many forum statements.

I'd rather watch TV movies. At least they're fun.
Closed Thread

Tags
posts, limit, site, people, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.