Just Another Cable Provider Ripoff

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2022, 07:53 AM

Set up a Google voice and port to their voicemail. That's what I do even for my cell number. Love Google voicemail... Never fills up. You can opt for text and email notifications delivered transcribe to text (sometimes super funny), and even download the audio messages. Far superior to any isp or cell providor service.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Why not just buy an answering machine? $40 on Amazon.
You can still get a landline in the Villages? I had no idea. I think the last time I had one was 2008, and I thought I was late to the game getting rid of mine.
Old 09-25-2022, 02:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,596 Times in 5,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
You can still get a landline in the Villages? I had no idea. I think the last time I had one was 2008, and I thought I was late to the game getting rid of mine.
I have the digital "landline" service from Xfinity, but it works fine with any answering machine. My house is wired for analog phone service, but I don't know if you can still get the analog service from a phone company. With the digital service, you can connect a regular phone cord from the modem to the nearest wall phone jack, and it will power every phone jack in your house. Or, you can just use cordless phones that don't require any house phone jack, except the one on the back of the modem.
Closed Thread

Tags
cable, voice, feature, provider, technical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.