Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website and Mobile Suggestion Box (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/)
-   -   New Format Suggestions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/new-format-suggestions-302759/)

TOTV Team 02-13-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldtimes (Post 1717892)
Please make Today’s Posts available when not logged on.

We will look into this...

Blackie 02-14-2020 07:09 AM

“go to” latest post icon larger for tablet or phone users.

1 Attachment(s)
If possible please increase size of go to “next/newest post” icon for tablet and phone users.

buzzy 02-14-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1717934)
Is this what you mean?

No. The square box next to the title. See blackies post with the picture. Thanks

NavyVet 02-14-2020 11:10 AM

I just wanted to say I like this design just fine. I have had no problems with it.
Kudos to the website developers for their hard work! :coolsmiley:

Blackie 02-14-2020 11:24 PM

Last Post Column Width

1 Attachment(s)
The “last post” column needs widening so the red “go to” icon doesn’t drop down below the posters name so creating a higher/deeper thread title.

yobeano 02-15-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1717937)
If you haven't read them then they would be new posts for you. What would you like to see?

That's exactly what I want to see BUT every morning right at the top of the column when I choose "New Posts" i see:

"The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

I'm sure it's me and my little understanding of the forums but if they have not been updated then how can they be new?

ColdNoMore 02-16-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1717589)
I'm over on the dark side (the new version).

Will give it another try.

:pray:

I WAS using the old version...until this morning.

Apparently, the choice is now gone...and only the new version is available.

I personally think it is a large step backward.
:oops:

ColdNoMore 02-16-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1718429)

Well gee, after going to my own profile page, at the bottom I saw that it gave me the option...to go back to the old version.

Even after automatically being forced to the new version last night.

Go figure.
:shrug:

Polar Bear 02-16-2020 09:50 AM

I love the new ability to leave the “Hide Classifieds” function on all the time. :)

How about an option to mark all posts as “read” immediately after hitting the “New Posts” button. (After listing the current new posts of course.)

TOTV Team 02-19-2020 02:09 PM

Many thanks we will look into all these suggestions and report back!

TOTV Team 02-19-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1717591)
I'm in Today's Posts.

If you could have better division between threads.......bolder, thicker line.

Maybe rotating lighter & darker backgrounds for each thread.

:ho:

We've made some changes here. Please clear your cache and let us know your thoughts or if it can be further improved. - TOTV Team

dewilson58 02-19-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 1719571)
We've made some changes here. Please clear your cache and let us know your thoughts or if it can be further improved. - TOTV Team

lines look darker

kaznerm 02-19-2020 06:48 PM

I just enrtered storage cabinets in the search box. I got 5 cabinets, some were really entertainment centers and over 30 Homes!!!! Can the search function be improved to not allow homes in this area. This is my second suggestion, first suggested a dollar amount, once again, trying to filter down to items we are looking for. No answer or reason why. HELP!--Larry Kazner Pine Hills

coffeebean 02-28-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackie (Post 1717971)
If possible please increase size of go to “next/newest post” icon for tablet and phone users.

When on my iPhone, I just spread the page with my fingers to zoom. That's a nice feature of the iPhone.

coffeebean 02-28-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdNoMore (Post 1718429)

The new version is so much better on my iPhone than the old version so I'm glad we now have only the new and improved version. My reason is simple.....the old version text size was way too small. I had to zoom every page every time. This new version as beautiful readable text size. LOVE IT! Thank you TOTV team.