Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website and Mobile Suggestion Box (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/)
-   -   New Format Suggestions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/new-format-suggestions-302759/)

Blackie 02-28-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1722444)
When on my iPhone, I just spread the page with my fingers to zoom. That's a nice feature of the iPhone.

I understand “spread to zoom,” however the gist of the original post was looking for suggestions how to make the UI more user friendly.

So one tap rather than spread to zoom and then tap would be more user friendly. Also when you zoom in you often have to drag the area over to see the area you need zoomed. So that could be 3 actions instead of 1.

TOTV Team 02-28-2020 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaznerm (Post 1719604)
I just enrtered storage cabinets in the search box. I got 5 cabinets, some were really entertainment centers and over 30 Homes!!!! Can the search function be improved to not allow homes in this area. This is my second suggestion, first suggested a dollar amount, once again, trying to filter down to items we are looking for. No answer or reason why. HELP!--Larry Kazner Pine Hills

Kaznerm we will look more into this thank you for the specific suggestion!

TOTV Team 02-28-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1722446)
The new version is so much better on my iPhone than the old version so I'm glad we now have only the new and improved version. My reason is simple.....the old version text size was way too small. I had to zoom every page every time. This new version as beautiful readable text size. LOVE IT! Thank you TOTV team.

Thank you for the positive feedback. That's one of the biggest reason we made a change was to meet all the google mobile requirements. There is updated php, code, fonts, etc etc that go into all this.

TOTV Team 02-28-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackie (Post 1722501)
I understand “spread to zoom,” however the gist of the original post was looking for suggestions how to make the UI more user friendly.

So one tap rather than spread to zoom and then tap would be more user friendly. Also when you zoom in you often have to drag the area over to see the area you need zoomed. So that could be 3 actions instead of 1.

Thank you for the specific feedback! We will send to the developer and see if we can make this better!

dewilson58 02-29-2020 08:15 AM

Make the weather section accurate.

CFrance 02-29-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1722799)
Make the weather section accurate.

They can't even do that on television!:icon_wink:

coffeebean 05-09-2020 06:23 AM

The new format has a dark green back round color for the quote box which is great. But.......when a link is included in the quoted comment, the link does not show up because it is also a darkish green in color.

Is there any way to make the color of the link a brighter color so it shows up in the quoted comment against the dark green back round?
Thanks.

Aw Man 05-09-2020 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1761463)
The new format has a dark green back round color for the quote box which is great. But.......when a link is included in the quoted comment, the link does not show up because it is also a darkish green in color.

Is there any way to make the color of the link a brighter color so it shows up in the quoted comment against the dark green back round?
Thanks.

I’ve been using the new format since it started. I haven’t experienced the problem you describe.
I do not have a dark green background color for the quote box.
Maybe you have a problem with the color settings on the devices you’re using.

junction29 05-09-2020 08:29 AM

Totally agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by ureout (Post 1717875)
I still like the old version MUCH better.. and I agree with dewilson about making the lines dividing each post much darker and thicker... now the posts just seem to run into one another

I like the old version better a lot too.👍👍

Why change something that is working just fine?
👿👿

queasy27 05-09-2020 10:24 AM

Colors are difficult to calibrate because of individual device settings. I use a dark theme on my browsers and the TOTV backgrounds are charcoal and khaki.

It always take time to adjust to user interface changes, but I've gradually settled into the new format. Thanks to the mods for their hard work keeping the site updated!

Barefoot 05-09-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junction29 (Post 1761639)
I like the old version a lot better.
Why change something that is working just fine?

:agree:

Villageswimmer 05-09-2020 11:05 AM

Identify OP through thread

It would be helpful if the OP were somehow identified throughout a thread. Perhaps a different color, or just “OP” on their subsequent posts. I’ve seen this elsewhere and it’s very helpful, particularly on long threads. Thanks.

anothersteve 05-09-2020 11:15 AM

How about a notification when someone quotes you and a link to that reply? Or is there a way that happens now?
Steve

Regor 08-12-2020 04:05 PM

How do I get back to the New version? I went to the old version and I don't care for it.

MSchad 08-12-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regor (Post 1816454)
How do I get back to the New version? I went to the old version and I don't care for it.

Just scroll down. There will be a section offering the alternative.