New version does not display "THANKS"

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts
Default New version does not display "THANKS"

I've been using the new version of TOTV forum for about two weeks. I've just realized that this new version gives the user the option of clicking on a "THANKS" button but this new version does not display which comments have been "thanked". Is there a way to view who thanked a post or even if the post has been thanked?

I switched back to the old version temporarily to see if the "THANKS" are visible. Yes, they are visible. Just wondering why the new version is not displaying this information.

Thanks to the TOTV Team.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I've been using the new version of TOTV forum for about two weeks. I've just realized that this new version gives the user the option of clicking on a "THANKS" button but this new version does not display which comments have been "thanked". Is there a way to view who thanked a post or even if the post has been thanked?

I switched back to the old version temporarily to see if the "THANKS" are visible. Yes, they are visible. Just wondering why the new version is not displaying this information.

Thanks to the TOTV Team.
If a post has any "thanks" you can see them by clicking the "+" button located right next to the thumbs up button..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-04-2020, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post

Thanks to the TOTV Team.
I thought they stopped showing them because the names were to close together, and not observing social distancing!
Old 05-04-2020, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I like the "Thanks" thumbs up. Stops me writing something I would definitely regret.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-04-2020, 08:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
If a post has any "thanks" you can see them by clicking the "+" button located right next to the thumbs up button..
Thank you. I never clicked on the plus button before. I guess I should have investigated what the button was for.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Sage

I just noticed that not all replies have a plus button. Only the replies with a plus button have "Thanks". This is great.

Great job to TOTV Team for this feature and the way it has been implemented on this new version of the forum.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:45 AM
Veteran member

Ah, good to know! Thanks for the question...oh wait I can do with the “thumbs up” 🤣

Tags
version, thanked, display, post, visible

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.