New version of the site comments and concerns

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
the white background with dark text is fatiguing on my eyes. Please tone down the background color so it is not so stark.

Also.........when scrolling through the thread titles, the banner that pops up to give a "preview" of the first post is very annoying. It blocks the next thread on the page so looking though the threads is not very user friendly. I will have to scroll all the way to the right of the page or to the left of the page to avoid seeing the banner. This is not a comfortable feel for me.
turn the brightness down on your computer- it will be softer on your eyes.-- i like the color difference
black on white-- easier to read
Old 01-09-2020, 10:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,464 Times in 544 Posts

I have been trying out the new layout for several days before commenting, since I thought the old one was fine and I was used to it; wanted to give it a fair shot.

My primary comment is that it is very stark with the white background, with not much to delineate between each of the topics. To me, it makes it harder to read.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:35 AM

The "Edit My Classifieds" button does not work. Just hangs and never loads the page.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:46 AM
Veteran member

https was in use over 10 years ago.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,297 Times in 3,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz22 View Post
https was in use over 10 years ago.
That's correct, and it still isn't being used by many websites. That's what I mean by updating. Eventually, new computer technology will cease to recognize old protocol, and sites built with http will no longer be accessible. That is *why* forum design gets updated, upgraded, and even replaced from time to time. Because the code used to create it is either obsolete, or becoming obsolete.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERCHIEF View Post
turn the brightness down on your computer- it will be softer on your eyes.-- i like the color difference
If I do that, 99% of the other sites I visit will be too dark. There are enough complaints about the brightness--IT should address it.

And while they are at it, maybe they could fix the search function so it works better.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:08 PM
Sage
Default You should never have to adjust your PC settings just to accommodate one website.

Quote:
You should never have to adjust your PC settings just to accommodate one website.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
You should never have to adjust your PC settings just to accommodate one website.
I agree with Polar Bear.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:32 PM

I like this new version. Font is larger, good contrast, easier to read. Glad all that ugly green is gone. I know that's just a personal preference but I've always had an aversion to the color green. I will be really sad though having to give up Windows 7. That will be a huge change!

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 01-09-2020, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,001 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Yes the "skins." I really hope we are able to select from a variety of them.
i hate complaining, but i will say the idea of skins would help those of us with the difficult to read layout now in use
Old 01-10-2020, 12:19 AM

About the brightness....You can adjust the brightness on your computer by adjusting it on the keyboard..Look for the symbol on the very top of the keyboard that looks like a sun (mine is on the top left side) and go up or down with it. Also, the text can be made larger by pressing the CTRL button and at the same time scrolling it (up or down) with your mouse.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:29 AM
Platinum member

I too do not want to adjust the brightness of my computer just for the TOTV website. The stark brightness bothers me also. Otherwise I'm finding my way OK.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daspiva View Post
...Also, the text can be made larger by pressing the CTRL button and at the same time scrolling it (up or down) with your mouse.
Problem is, that adjustment simply magnifies the screen...everything on the screen...not just the text. Not a good thing imo.
Closed Thread

Tags
page, background, thread, white, tone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.