Strange ads

Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Strange ads

There have been several threads recently about suspicious-looking "for sale" ads.

One of the recurrent themes is that the person posting the ad has zero posts to his/her name.

Can Admin tell us how this is possible, and does it highlight the post as being suspicious?

I should have thought that as soon as you make that post then you have at least one post to your name.

Thank you
Old 02-21-2019, 08:50 AM
fw102807

The mods explained this in a previous thread:

"There is no minimum post count to post an ad. Just be a confirmed TOTV member.

When a member posts an ad in Classified, the system creates a duplicate in Items for Sale. That duplicate may show an inaccurate post count, so don’t assume these are all from new members."
Old 02-21-2019, 09:09 AM
TOTV Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
The mods explained this in a previous thread:

"There is no minimum post count to post an ad. Just be a confirmed TOTV member.

When a member posts an ad in Classified, the system creates a duplicate in Items for Sale. That duplicate may show an inaccurate post count, so don’t assume these are all from new members."
Good answer, thank you. In short, posts that are system-generated from a Classified ad into the "items for sale" subforum do not add to the member's post count.

To the OP's other point, if you do see a suspicious ad, please click the red triangle to report it. We have had scammers and spammers post ads and we respond quickly to remove them.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thank you for your explanations

I asked because I have responded to several "zero count" ads, through the main site (private message) and the Classifieds (contact the seller), and not received any replies from the seller. Just down to their rudeness, I guess.
Closed Thread

Tags
post, ads, highlight, make, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.