Where is the Admin. to this site?

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Sage
Default Where is the Admin. to this site?

I see I'm not the only one having issues with posts being posted on ToTV. I'll comment and they disappear. I attributed it to a glitch over the holiday weekend but now it's a week later and still NO improvement. NOT complaining but wondering if they've started something new here (ie. vetting posts before allowing them). Also, there are "pages" and "pages" of posts that aren't new.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I see I'm not the only one having issues with posts being posted on ToTV. I'll comment and they disappear. I attributed it to a glitch over the holiday weekend but now it's a week later and still NO improvement. NOT complaining but wondering if they've started something new here (ie. vetting posts before allowing them). Also, there are "pages" and "pages" of posts that aren't new.
I agree and now you have posted who I know to be very patient and fair.

And so did Frank DeAngelo who is also the epitome of good sense and fairness.

Me, I am often diverted and delighted and get in trouble here with the brass. (I would in fairness like to point out, that never in school, in business, in the PTA or scouts or any other thing in real life have I been in trouble. I HAVE gotten two speeding tickets about twenty years ago. Being in trouble is new for me. )

I find this whole thing discouraging, debilitating but not deleting, I am not allowed to use that word, deleting is a bad word.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:14 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

Frankly, don’t followup on my posts all the time but I haven’t noticed this problem. Hmm...
Old 12-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I still post every day and never have seen a deletion. I would recommend if your losing posts to go back and review the site rules. You may be breaking a rule without knowing. I will also say, this site is far more enjoyable than in the days when it was to liberal on enforcing civil conversations.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Thank you, now I know I'm not crazy. I don't post often on TOTV but I just posted a question in the computer thread and although its showing up on the proper thread, its not showing up on New Posts?? I thought also it had to do with vetting since I don't post much anymore but apparently not. I'll try bumping it.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-08-2019, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I believe the admin did it intentionally because if you don't see your post in "New Posts" for an hour or so, it will end the give-and-take responses that create many of the problems. Now, when you post, that's the end of it for a couple of hours. As I explained on another thread, if you really want to see your post and any responses, go to your profile and look under "Statistics" and then look up posts and they will appear there .
Old 12-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I believe the admin did it intentionally because if you don't see your post in "New Posts" for an hour or so, it will end the give-and-take responses that create many of the problems. Now, when you post, that's the end of it for a couple of hours. As I explained on another thread, if you really want to see your post and any responses, go to your profile and look under "Statistics" and then look up posts and they will appear there .
Oh great That's a pain.. But thanks John W for the explanation, I will do what you suggest.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 12-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

The other new behavior is the new posts tab no longer works, which was my standard way of using the site. Now I always get:

Sorry, there are no new threads to view.

You may search for threads updated during the previous 24 hours, here.

So it is one more step as I click on the here link. This began maybe two weeks ago.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Oh great That's a pain.. But thanks John W for the explanation, I will do what you suggest.

An easier way is to go to "QUICK LINKS" up near New Posts and then click "TODAY'S POSTS"
Old 12-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I also noticed the site changed just around Thanksgiving. I get error messages and Tapatalk does not open threads. Might be a new sherriff in town.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
An easier way is to go to "QUICK LINKS" up near New Posts and then click "TODAY'S POSTS"

Wow,,,, Thank you Guy,,, yes there it is. But I wonder why??

Old 12-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree and now you have posted who I know to be very patient and fair.

And so did Frank DeAngelo who is also the epitome of good sense and fairness.

Me, I am often diverted and delighted and get in trouble here with the brass. (I would in fairness like to point out, that never in school, in business, in the PTA or scouts or any other thing in real life have I been in trouble. I HAVE gotten two speeding tickets about twenty years ago. Being in trouble is new for me. )

I find this whole thing discouraging, debilitating but not deleting, I am not allowed to use that word, deleting is a bad word.
Gracie I think you enjoy having the aura of being a "Bad Girl" Am I wrong?
Old 12-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Gracie I think you enjoy having the aura of being a "Bad Girl" Am I wrong?
Yeah. I am pretty boring.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:53 AM
TOTV Moderator

The Moderators are aware of the change in behavior of the "New Posts" function and have alerted the System Admin and Tech Staff. We are still waiting for their official word on whether this is a feature or a bug.

Posts are not disappearing unless they were deleted for violating site rules.

Moderators
Old 12-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Wow,,,, Thank you Guy,,, yes there it is. But I wonder why??
You're very welcome! Was driving me crazy too. Like the new pic. too.
Closed Thread

Tags
posts, pages, started, improvement, complaining

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.