Why the published e-mail addresses?

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2019, 05:56 PM
Unhappy Why the published e-mail addresses?

Checking out the new site. Looks like it will take more than a few minutes but it's fresh and colorful, nice video on Home Page. BUT, why are the e-mail addresses published at the end of the page? I take great care not to share e-mail addresses without permission and always "blind" copy when I send to multiple friends. I'm surprised all those e-mails are listed for ANYONE to copy, use for advertising or sell! What do you think?
Old 12-19-2019, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,455 Times in 3,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddykatchen View Post
Checking out the new site. Looks like it will take more than a few minutes but it's fresh and colorful, nice video on Home Page. BUT, why are the e-mail addresses published at the end of the page? I take great care not to share e-mail addresses without permission and always "blind" copy when I send to multiple friends. I'm surprised all those e-mails are listed for ANYONE to copy, use for advertising or sell! What do you think?
If you're talking about this forum (talk of the villages) and scrolling down to the "What's going on" with the birthdays section, those aren't e-mails. They're profile links. If you click on one you'll only get the profile of whoever belongs to the link. The only way you'll see that person's e-mail address is if he or she has chosen to allow other members to see it when someone clicks on their profile.
Closed Thread

Tags
e-mail, addresses, page, copy, published

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.