Administration!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Default Administration!!!!!!!!

Dear Administration,

I have for three days attempted to post items on the CLASSIFIED section...
1) there is NO red button/tab as described in the Video Tutorial for entering the sale item information.
2) researched threads referring to this problem experienced by other users...tried all the recommendations: open site in MicroSoft Edge, Google Chrome and so on...to no avail.
3) I have in the past posted items (a couple of years ago),but the red button/tab was available at that time...what happened?

Please, please, please help....

Dean Wilcox
Old 01-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Sage

I had the same problem until I disabled my content blocker. Once I did that, the red button to post an ad appeared. Make sure you log into the Classified section directly and not through the link in the main forum. I.e., log out of the main forum, then click on the Classified button and log in there.

Hope this works for you.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:43 AM
Default Administration

Thank you for your prompt response. I hate to admit my ignorance, but I am not an IT person, (mechanical engineering background)...I am not sure what you meant by "..disable content blocker.."?
Old 01-05-2018, 10:00 AM

Log off site and then log back in and it should reappear
Old 01-05-2018, 10:02 AM

i had the same issue i had to log off of the site then re log on. then is magically appeared. hope this works
Old 01-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean-W View Post
Thank you for your prompt response. I hate to admit my ignorance, but I am not an IT person, (mechanical engineering background)...I am not sure what you meant by "..disable content blocker.."?
Disable content blocker...you may have installed an AD BLOCKER, or this may be an option that you have turned on in your browser. These can interfere with the operation of some websites. If you are still having problems, try contacting the villages computer club, or the connected villager club, that should be able to help you with your specific problem.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean-W View Post
Dear Administration,

I have for three days attempted to post items on the CLASSIFIED section...
1) there is NO red button/tab as described in the Video Tutorial for entering the sale item information.
2) researched threads referring to this problem experienced by other users...tried all the recommendations: open site in MicroSoft Edge, Google Chrome and so on...to no avail.
3) I have in the past posted items (a couple of years ago),but the red button/tab was available at that time...what happened?

Please, please, please help....

Dean Wilcox
If you go to the bottom of any page of the website click on contact us for assistance.

Regards,

TOTV Team
Old 03-04-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
If you go to the bottom of any page of the website click on contact us for assistance.

Regards,

TOTV Team
I too am thoroughly frustrated. Just received a message from Admin to tap onto the members name and a menu will appear. I did that - no menu - instead got posts between two other members - totally unrelated to me. To make matters worse, I just turned on my TV - no signal, apparently the box needs to be replaced and ComcaSt can't get a tech here until Thursday - ridiculous!!!!!! Boo Hoo!
Old 03-04-2018, 08:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy4 View Post
I too am thoroughly frustrated. Just received a message from Admin to tap onto the members name and a menu will appear. I did that - no menu - instead got posts between two other members - totally unrelated to me. To make matters worse, I just turned on my TV - no signal, apparently the box needs to be replaced and ComcaSt can't get a tech here until Thursday - ridiculous!!!!!! Boo Hoo!
Could you possibly take your own box to the Comcast office and exchange it for a new one?
Old 03-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Platinum member

If you have to go to a Comcast office, try the one in Leesburg. In the past , when I have gone there, service has been good and quicker the the one in Summerfield.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:04 PM

Comcast/Infinity office now open on 441/rolling acres next to Starbucks
Closed Thread

Tags
administration, red, items, button/tab, avail

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.