Big Brother

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2019, 10:19 PM
Default Big Brother

Today I posted a thread questioning how a 45% increase in the price of the Sunday Buffett at Evans Prairie from $8.99 to $12.99 was justified. I was shut down by a “moderator”. My thread was deleted without explanation within an hour even though I praised the food and service. I used no bad language and it was no worse than I am posting now. Is this a real forum or are we being “watched”?
Old 01-20-2019, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

As I understand it the post that you put up is a Violation because you have under 10 posts. I could be a little off base but my guess is close. Just trying to be helpful, it doesn't affect me.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
As I understand it the post that you put up is a Violation because you have under 10 posts. I could be a little off base but my guess is close. Just trying to be helpful, it doesn't affect me.
That sounds right that you need 10 posts or more to post a review of something. I have no dog in this fight as I have never been to Evans Prairie and know nothing about their old buffet in comparison with the new one.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjahnke View Post
Today I posted a thread questioning how a 45% increase in the price of the Sunday Buffett at Evans Prairie from $8.99 to $12.99 was justified. I was shut down by a “moderator”. My thread was deleted without explanation within an hour even though I praised the food and service. I used no bad language and it was no worse than I am posting now. Is this a real forum or are we being “watched”[[/I]?
So to answer your question, “yes”.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Aside from the rule others have posted I look at it this way when using any open forum: This service is free for all of us to use so you get what you pay for. You could request a refund and I'm sure they will send your payment back to you very quickly.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:09 AM
TOTV Moderator

As others have pointed out, the site guidelines stipulate you must have a minimum # of posts before praising or criticizing a business or service (exception being if that business is a paid sponsor on TOTV).

This prevents internal employees from shilling for their business or disgruntled employees or competitors disparaging a company. Believe me, this has happened many times.

When your thread was deleted you should have received a PM notifying you of the reason.

Thread closed.

Moderator.
Closed Thread

Tags
thread, service, language, bad, praised

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.