Can a single have a real life at the villages?

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Smile Can a single have a real life at the villages?

As a single, what are my chances of fitting in at the fl villages? Are there lots of singles or mostly married couples? Are there groups, forums, meet and greets, etc. for singles? Thanks.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Sage
Smile Lots of singles!

There is such a variety of people here it's amazing. There are wonderful singles groups that have so many clubs, go dancing, movies, etc. And always lots of house parties to be had. Also, it is a nice mixture of singles and couples for almost anything.

You will have a wonderful time here! Believe it!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Veteran member
Talking Go read the Singles Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaskjoe View Post
As a single, what are my chances of fitting in at the fl villages? Are there lots of singles or mostly married couples? Are there groups, forums, meet and greets, etc. for singles? Thanks.
I'm single, and a wannabee, and have the same concerns you have.

From participating on TOTV for almost a year I have come to the conclusion that singles have many more options for a fulfilling lifestyle in The Villages, than they would have on the outside having to make all new friends by whatever means they could.

Go read the Singles Forum and you will have an idea of what's happening in TV. However, I have not visited TV, yet .... but I can appreciate its potential
Old 01-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Sage

The peeps in our TOTV Singles Group have more fun than the marrieds!! They are out every night rocking on.
Come on down, you'll never regret it.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Platinum member

SOME of us marrieds rock with the singles, Bare!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Unhappy

That's exactly the question I would have, too. When you see any photographs or promotions of The Villages, it is always couples . I wonder, then, if I would feel very out-of-place.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default You didn't realize they were single....

I think you might have seen the recent pictures of the lunch at Crispers on Friday. In those pictures were Blondie, Dicky, VK, Chuck, Kathie, Redwitch, Ron and probably more that I can think of right now. They are all single. We all have a good time together, but the singles see each other on their own too
Old 01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Dancing Thyme

Right GG, and there are others that were missing, Mr. Bob and Tkret, but we also have SWINFLA, PGB, Muncle, Jim T and hopefully a few more will be joining us. Quite a crowd and growing by the minute. We could always use more...

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Sage
Default i have never been happier

as a single person than i have been here....friends are great and always something fun to do...it is definitely a couples world but that is so everywhere while at least here it is easier to meet other singles to socialize with.. don't miss any of kathie's parties....
Old 01-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee
Smile

My husband and I socialize with the singles and I will say this, they are very nice and extremely friendly.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 01-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda View Post
SOME of us marrieds rock with the singles, Bare!!!!
And indeed, Ronda does a whole lot of rocking on! She is very deserving of the name "Rokinronda!

The marrieds and singles hang together and all have a wonderful time.

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-18-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:48 AM

Hi Everyone...I thought I'd add my 2 cents worth...I first visited TV on a lifestyle preview in July 2008 with a girlfriend and we had a ball but I didn't know how it would be to be here alone. So I took the plunge and rented for Jan, Feb, and March. I have been renting now since Jan 1 and although its only been a few weeks I can already feel that TV is about individuals - not labels like single, couple,etc. I am a widow and had the same concerns as other singles - is it only for couples?? I went to Crispers on Friday with a few butterflies in my stomach but I immediately felt included (Kathie is a great hostess). It was so nice to see people liking people and not even asking if you were single or married. If you want to have fun you can or if you want to sit in the house and look at the walls you can do that too here. For me, I've decided its time for some fun in my life.... I can't wait til my place in NY sells so I can be here full time - to be honest, I don't want to go back so the offer I just got better work out!
Regards, Charlene
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Angel. What a wonderful post. I am so glad you are having a great time. I do not think of couples as joined at the thigh, but it has been pointed out to me that I can't understand what it is like to be a one until I am a one. I can't stand to think of anyone being lonely or left out and I know that most of the people I have met are very quick to say, Why don't you come along?

Can't wait to meet you. Drop by. I am in Hadley.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Gold member

Hello Justaskjoe

A very good question and all very good answers. Yes, I have heard about some of those very singles that these fine folks have written about and I have observed them, as well. They are quite wild but one of them, a fellow named Gene, keeps them in line and, for the most part, out of trouble. There is Krazy Kathie who opens her home to every outcast in need of shelter (so I have heard) and her parties are so legendary that the Lady Lake Police Department has installed a direct line into her house; there is PGB who has been christened "Firecracker" and, upon meeting her, in no time you'll understand why!; Blondie has been here for about three weeks, now, and is on her fifth pair of dancing shoes because she has worn the soles right off them all; let's not forget JimT who, although his Giants got shellaked in the playoffs, still was a great host for his friends and foes, alike; Mr. Bob, a great guy who almost got that job on the commercials for FedEx for being the fastest talker on the face of the earth; Dianne...sorry cannot comment because I got into trouble once before for posting about her culinary skills!; there is Peazoup, too, who brings elegance and poise to these bunch of roustabouts, as well as, ensuring propriety and proper behavior (yeah, right!!); Dottie, a great water volleyball player and Karaoke singer... I just wish she wouldn't do BOTH at the same time (very distracting in the pool); Dicky - he sits back quietly and observes (be wary of him - very scary); but a wealth of information on just about any subject.

Justaskjoe, although I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Gene, from what I understand, HE is the one to be counted upon to show you direction and to keep you from harms way. I will say, though, that this bunch couldn't be a nicer or more friendlier group of Singles who are always available to help one another, support one another, and give comfort to one another. But, be prepared to laugh almost continually; and they have selected as there mantra the words of Jimmy Buffet: "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane".

In closing, I should advise you that there are, at least, two large Singles Clubs in The Villages, as well. Yeah, certainly no trouble fitting in here for any single person looking for friends in the same boat. Good luck and do what most of us did, already, and that is when you plan on arriving for a visit let us know and we'll meet and greet you. Phyllis and Peter, our married self-appointed chaperones to the group, may even foot the bill for a night out; but I'll have to run it by them first!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee
Smile

Now now TKRET...........we were not, "self appointed chaperones". After Kathie's New Years Eve party, (we were out of town), the Sheriff of Sumter County called us and begged us to keep a tight reign on this group. We are also on the payroll of Lake and Marion Counties...........

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages

Last edited by Shirleevee; 01-19-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
casual dating, dating, romance, singles

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.