Can a single have a real life at the villages?

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Veteran member

I am single and have lived here for 5 1/2 years and have more of a social life than I ever had in my life. I belong to a wonderful single women's club (single, divorced, widowed etc) and there are so many activities. In addition to activities around The Villages, we are going to an ice show in Orlando in Feb and then to a Yankees training game in March - it is never ending. Come on down - you will be happy you did!! I even buy tickets to some shows at the Savannah and go alone if no one else is interested - it's just that kind of place.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:47 PM

Hello Justaskjoe,
TKRET said it all beautifully as only he can. How does that song go? --- Don't worry, be happy. And that's the way it is.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Thumbs up kimberly at Tradewinds

I have been to the Villages many times and I am single. This is my place where I plan to retire me and my sister . Upon my visits there it looked like you could have as much fun as you want and make friends easy with anyone. I felt It is a great place and felt really comfortable there. I live in St Petersburg just minutes from the beach but I got such a sense of being at home with so many things to do. I don't look forward to getting older but I do look forward to my retirement. I plan to move over even before that day if I can find something in my field of work.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Wink

If you're happy, fit in and have friends where you live you'll have them in TV. If you don't have these where you live now chances are you won't have them in TV.

Your life is what you make or don't make
Old 02-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Dancing Thyme
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Traveller View Post
If you're happy, fit in and have friends where you live you'll have them in TV. If you don't have these where you live now chances are you won't have them in TV.

Your life is what you make or don't make
Lone, wonderful post. Very profound and right on!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Default single

I disagree with it not being different here TV-the set up here for singles activities is so great over regular surburbia america. My neighbor say she had made more friend here in 6 months than she had in the past 10 years where she came from. There are single clubs, more single neighbors, church singles not to mention people talk to you here and are interested. Also if uncomfortable with the singles stuff, all the clubs, dance classes, sports events all have singles there to meet, even the water aroebics. Unless you want to be a hermit, you will not be lonely. You do have to leave your house and go to things.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Default single wannabee

Hello everyone,
Just read all the post about being single in the villages. I will be their as soon as I I sell. One of my concerns was meeting people but after reading these post I have no more woorries. I love people and I have been able to get along with everyone that have been in my life so far. So I am looking forward to meeting everyone and see what all the talk about the crazy parties is all about.
Jmemc
Old 05-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

I bought in TV in 2002 as a single female and never felt left out of anything. The neighborhood is so friendly (as most are) and upon joining activities such as line dancing and bocce team, and bridge club, met more wonderful people both single and married couples. The singles and marrieds seem to blend together very well socially.

At the time I moved to TV, I was divorced for thirty years, avowing to never marry again. Well, never say never. I met Mr Wonderful and we're celebrating our third anniverary of married life together this month. We are so very happy together and enjoying life to it's fullest.

Couldn't believe that my "knight in shining armour" was here in "paradise."

Point being..... Married or single, every day is "a beautiful day in The Villages."

C'mon down!!!.....barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 05-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Everybody's got a laughing place, a laughing place to go ho ho. (Song of the South)

It sure looks to me like my single friends and friends who are here temporarily without their mates (Who are other places still working) are having a great time.

In fact.............they may all be having a better time than me.........naw, that's paranoia.
Closed Thread

Tags
casual dating, dating, romance, singles

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.