Closed threads

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Veteran member
Default Closed threads

Just joined up and wanted to comment on several posts however they were all closed?. If we cant comment, why not remove post? Was hoping to help someone with a cruise concern but post closed? Guess we have to check often and post quickly before its closed? Does anyone know how long post remains up until its closed?
Old 12-19-2019, 05:47 PM
TOTV Moderator

Threads are closed automatically after a (long) period of time...I'm not sure exactly what that is. Perhaps 6 months. New comments posted after so long may no longer be timely or relevant.

Threads also get closed pro-actively if the discussion gets hopelessly derailed.

You can always start a new thread with information you think might be interesting or useful to other members.

Old 12-19-2019, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I went to search for any previous Thread or Threads about Hospital Beds today and found only one from 2016 but it was there. Today the post didn't help me but many times the ones you look up have the answer you are looking for readily available.

If the info you need isn't in one of the older Threads then start a New Thread with the subject you desire. Good Luck.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The previous admin never closed threads and you would see a thread where someone is bashing a restaurant, business, contractor, etc and suddenly everyone is posting a response. Then you find out the thread was started three years and some poster unknowingly brought it back to life, kind of like what you want to do. It's best to just start a new thread.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,455 Times in 3,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Just joined up and wanted to comment on several posts however they were all closed?. If we cant comment, why not remove post? Was hoping to help someone with a cruise concern but post closed? Guess we have to check often and post quickly before its closed? Does anyone know how long post remains up until its closed?
I'm confused. You "just joined up" but under your user name in your post, it says you're a senior member. On the upper right of your post it says you joined in 2011, and that you have posted 338 times.

Please note, I did not check your profile or do any other kind of sneaky creepy thing to find this out. It was all right there on your post.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

In your particular situation where you want to answer to help someone, and the thread is closed, you can simply send them a private message. Click on the name of the poster and one of your options is to send a message.

Tags
closed, post, comment, long, cruise

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.