Covid rapid testing sites

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2022, 06:54 AM
Default Covid rapid testing sites

Any rapid testing sites in the villages still open
Old 06-09-2022, 09:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

You can order free tests and test yourself at home unless you need it for work, travel, etc. You can order free tests monthly.

COVID.gov/tests - Free at-home COVID-19 tests

Locally, I would check with CVS and Walgreens.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:06 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
You can order free tests and test yourself at home unless you need it for work, travel, etc. You can order free tests monthly.

COVID.gov/tests - Free at-home COVID-19 tests

Locally, I would check with CVS and Walgreens.
I know WG issue results within 48 hours........not sure what OP considers rapid.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I know WG issue results within 48 hours........not sure what OP considers rapid.
I don't know either. We used the home test two months ago and both of us tested positive. Not sure of the test accuracy, we both went to CVS, tested positive, and had our results within 15 minutes. It seems the home testing is reliable.
With my wife having Emphysema, she call her PCP and lung doctor to get advice. The lung doctors office didn't call back, and her PCP office told her to use Tylenol and any cough syrup labeled DM. Covid doesn't appear to be a high concern among local physicians.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:34 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
I don't know either. We used the home test two months ago and both of us tested positive. Not sure of the test accuracy, we both went to CVS, tested positive, and had our results within 15 minutes. It seems the home testing is reliable.
Question: Does CVS advertise the results this quick or were you lucky. Walgreens is 24 to 48 hours......which could be nerve racking with a cruise in 48 hours.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,241 Posts

Walgreens Rapid NAAT Test provides results in 2 hrs. The user the Abbott Rapid ID.

COVID-19 Testing & Locations | Walgreens Find Care

WinDixie offeres a rapid antigen + flu test with results in 15 min. This test is similar to the home tests but may be acceptible for a cruise if witnessed by a pharmacy.

Point of Care Testing | Winn-Dixie

Antigen testing is generally accurate for detecting active infection. False negatives are possible.

NAAT will have a lower false negative rate.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Question: Does CVS advertise the results this quick or were you lucky. Walgreens is 24 to 48 hours......which could be nerve racking with a cruise in 48 hours.
We made appointments for the test. The CVS website at the time said results within hours. We were surprised it was only minutes. We didn't need the result that fast, but happy none the less.

The previous post #6 seems to be informative
Old 06-09-2022, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
With my wife having Emphysema, she call her PCP and lung doctor to get advice. The lung doctors office didn't call back, and her PCP office told her to use Tylenol and any cough syrup labeled DM. Covid doesn't appear to be a high concern among local physicians.
I got the virus about two weeks ago and on advise of a friend asked our DR about paxlovid. She called in a prescription and it might have helped (hard to know for sure with two vaccinations and two boosters). Only thing is I managed to get rebound covid 5 days after first time which seems to happen in about 10% of cases. Understand a new pill has been approved but do not remember but you should be able to google it.

Other than these new pills which might or might not help all you can do is manage the symptoms and drink plenty of liquids.

Good luck.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:24 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip galloway View Post
Any rapid testing sites in the villages still open
Went to Walgreens and had test results in <5 hours.

Just read that the US will be stopping requirment that visitors(including returning US Citizens) coming into the US will not need a test.
Old 06-10-2022, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

When I went out of the country in mid-April I got the rapid antigen test & results on the spot at Villages Discount Pharmacy in Freedom Plaza on Rte 44. That is a strip mall close to the new hotel & heath center & Wolfgang Puck's. (352) 492-9333 and
Village Discount Pharmacy | Wildwood, FL | Good Neighbor Pharmacy
I would call to make sure they're still giving them and if they require an appointment.
They are lab certified.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
When I went out of the country in mid-April I got the rapid antigen test & results on the spot at Villages Discount Pharmacy in Freedom Plaza on Rte 44. That is a strip mall close to the new hotel & heath center & Wolfgang Puck's. (352) 492-9333 and
Village Discount Pharmacy | Wildwood, FL | Good Neighbor Pharmacy
I would call to make sure they're still giving them and if they require an appointment.
They are lab certified.
AS of tomorrow the govt is not paying for covid testing. Need it for cruise we will be going on in a few days. I had appt with Walgreens who told me the news and now the price will be $ 128 each. Village Discount Pharmacy charges $ 40 each and walk in and handed results within 10 minutes.
Old 06-29-2022, 03:08 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
. Covid doesn't appear to be a high concern among local physicians.
Seriously bad advice.

FOR SOME PEOPLE maybe. For others it is very serious and of high concern.

My PCP is very concerned about me catching it, and strongly recommends periodic testing and continued use of masks whenever I am around people in indoor settings. And social distancing in outside areas.

She doesn't get paid any more for that advice, she is in fact most interested in not seeing me any more than absolutely required. I get all my healthcare a the VA.

It is common to generalize our experiences to the general population, but it is bad advice in general to do that. Each should talk to their physician and get advice based on their person health and condition.
Old 06-29-2022, 03:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
AS of tomorrow the govt is not paying for covid testing. Need it for cruise we will be going on in a few days. I had appt with Walgreens who told me the news and now the price will be $ 128 each. Village Discount Pharmacy charges $ 40 each and walk in and handed results within 10 minutes.
Good price, I see CVS is charging $140 for private self pay. If you can get a referral from your doctor I think the government will still pay the pharmacy. Not sure.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
Good price, I see CVS is charging $140 for private self pay. If you can get a referral from your doctor I think the government will still pay the pharmacy. Not sure.
Apparently would have to say we have symptoms to get referral and not prepared to lie to save a few bucks.
Old 06-29-2022, 07:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Apparently would have to say we have symptoms to get referral and not prepared to lie to save a few bucks.
Agreed
Closed Thread

Tags
rapid, testing, sites, covid, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.